Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

¿Do any UNR or SoNV fans have any insight on PF Dischon Thomas?

This 6'9" Power Frwd recently de-committed from UNR & signed w/CSU.  

He also had an offer from Southern Nevada.  boise JC fans will be jealous, because he also had Princeton & Cornell offers as well.

¿How does a kid who plays HS basketball in El PHX, play on an AAU team in Compton, SoCal?

TIA for any additional info.

¡¡¡ GO STATE !!!

8 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

This 6'9" Power Frwd recently de-committed from UNR & signed w/CSU.  

He also had an offer from Southern Nevada.  boise JC fans w/be jealous, because he also had Princeton & Cornell offers as well.

¿How does a kid who plays HS basketball in El PHX, play on an AAU team in Compton, SoCal?

TIA for any additional info.

¡¡¡ GO STATE !!!

🙃¡¡¡ He decided that he likes to lose !!!🙂

kat.jpg

Muss is gone

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 hours ago, cardrater said:

They parted ways so Nevada could make room for Stevenson. An impact transfer from Pitt. 

Thomas would be more of a project and Muss has made it obvious its transfers and Jucos with an occasional high rated recruit for incoming classes.

This.

4 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Muss is gone

And this :shots:

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 hours ago, cardrater said:

They parted ways so Nevada could make room for Stevenson. An impact transfer from Pitt. 

Thomas would be more of a project and Muss has made it obvious its transfers and Jucos with an occasional high rated recruit for incoming classes.

Definitely a project, but he's got a ton of upside.  I can see passing on him if your looking for the finished product.  I'm also really excited to see this kid after a D1 weight room and D1 coaching take effect.  If he sticks for the full duration, he'll be all conference at some point.

8 hours ago, cardrater said:

From the article linked above:

Thomas' father, Howard, who also serves as his high school coach, told the Reno Gazette Journal on Thursday afternoon his son is no longer committed to Nevada after a recent discussion with Wolf Pack coach Eric Musselman.

"After such a great run last year they were able to attract players that they were not sure they could get before," Howard Thomas said in a message to the RGJ. "Coach Muss gave us a call the other day to explain the situation. He is a class act. A lot of coaches would have waited and possibly put the kid in a last-minute bind. Coach let us know early enough to be able to explore other options. Much respect for Coach."

Well, you have exactly ONE mid year transfer, a fringe guy who lost his starting gig at a mediocre major, and ONE  2 star JC transfer coming next year so it only makes sense you would pass on a 3 star "project" in order to keep the remaining spots open for the McD's All America West Squad and Zion Williamson after Coach K pisses him off.......I guess.

ROFLMAO

Here's what the article really says:  " Look, the kids dad is an important resource for recruits and I don't want to hang his kid out to dry when I take off next year, leaving him in the middle of the SMOKING CRATER that will be Reno basketball when I'm gone" said Coach Muss.  

"Much respect to Coach Muss"  said important HS basketball coach.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

32 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Well, you have exactly ONE mid year transfer, a fringe guy who lost his starting gig at a mediocre major, and ONE  2 star JC transfer coming next year so it only makes sense you would pass on a 3 star "project" in order to keep the remaining spots open for the McD's All America West Squad and Zion Williamson after Coach K pisses him off.......I guess.

ROFLMAO

Here's what the article really says:  " Look, the kids dad is an important resource for recruits and I don't want to hang his kid out to dry when I take off next year, leaving him in the middle of the SMOKING CRATER that will be Reno basketball when I'm gone" said Coach Muss.  

Interesting take...

37 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

ROFLMAO

Why do hate?

28 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Why do hate?

I don't hate.  I think your administration has allowed a coach to do lasting damage to your program and by extension, the conference in furtherance of his career.

Transfers won't save you next year. If that's the route he plans to take, the only transfers that will help are grad transfers and JC's. 

You have ZERO incoming freshmen and the list of your targets is replete with guys being recruited by Blue Bloods and high majors.

Your fans are totally ok with that for 1 more NCAA berth and possibly a S16. 

It's just analysis. I'm probably wrong and Muss has a bunch of 5 stars and grad tansfers stashed at the bowling alley downtown.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

24 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

I don't hate.  I think your administration has allowed a coach to do lasting damage to your program and by extension, the conference in furtherance of his career.

Transfers won't save you next year. If that's the route he plans to take, the only transfers that will help are grad transfers and JC's. 

You have ZERO incoming freshmen and the list of your targets is replete with guys being recruited by Blue Bloods and high majors.

Your fans are totally ok with that for 1 more NCAA berth and possibly a S16. 

It's just analysis. I'm probably wrong and Muss has a bunch of 5 stars and grad tansfers stashed at the bowling alley downtown.

Haha alright big guy...

Even without Musselman, our roster will likely be the best in the conference next season. You're sounding worse than PH. 

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

It's always a possibility and for some a wet dream. Because when your program hires a career assistant -- that's all you got. 

You mean the career assistant that's 2-1 against your D-league squad?

LOL

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke