Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Slightly OT: Wyoming Enrollment declines

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

I'm guessing it is.  Mt Rose is much more accessible from Reno than Heavenly or the NoShore mtns, but you'll have to ask @renoskier.

Yeah, I know. I've been skiing up there for years. Rose is only about a 25 minute drive. Next closest is Diamond Peak.

It's why I asked RenoSkier if that shot was Mt. Rose, as I suspected it was. East side chutes to be exact. Not a ton of vertical, but a great pitch and a blast to fly if it's safe and not too crowded.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

This should be the recruiting mantra for potential students - Bet more LDS would go just for the bride prospects :cheer:

Apparently you haven't seen the "bride prospects" in Laramie.  It was a good thought though.

Guest #1Stunner
On 2/16/2019 at 4:21 PM, UNLV2001 said:

This should be the recruiting mantra for potential students - Bet more LDS would go just for the bride prospects :cheer:

Hard Pass.

wyoming-cowboys-cheerleaders-perform-dur

Out of state residents are charged a total cost of $31,387 which is 58.7% higher than Wyoming residents. The tuition charge is $15,480 while room and board is $10,320, books and supplies are $1,200 and other fees come in at $1,347.

Wow, not cheap to attend Wyoming. But, maybe I’m just out of touch with college expenses these days.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Out of state residents are charged a total cost of $31,387 which is 58.7% higher than Wyoming residents. The tuition charge is $15,480 while room and board is $10,320, books and supplies are $1,200 and other fees come in at $1,347.

Wow, not cheap to attend Wyoming. But, maybe I’m just out of touch with college expenses these days.

Wyoming has WUE with other western states. Kids get much cheaper tuition rates with good grades from around the West. It was significantly cheaper for my wife and my brother in law to attend UW than it would have been for them to go to school in Colorado with in-state tuition. Hell, I graduated high school in Fort Collins and it was cheaper for me to go to Gonzaga than it would have been for me to go to CU, let alone Mines (not that I would have gone to either anyway, at the time I graduated the Hathaway was honored to any graduating senior who had attended a Wyoming high school for a full year at any point, if I was going to stay nearby I was going to go to the zero tuition school). 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Without knowing the specifics, student age population is in decline. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 2/16/2019 at 1:30 AM, GoState99755 said:

....& h2o is wet.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:10 AM, renoskier said:

Not the good stuff...

Image result for mt rose chutes

No.  WATER IS NOT WET in liquid form.  Wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid.  In fact, the only time water can be wet is when it is in solid form, such as snow or ice.

3 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Wyoming is a pretty ghastly state. Can't blame the youths for not looking upon it favorably. It's basically a state ran by oligarchs and their puppets.

Obviously you've spent about as much time in Wyoming as I have on Mars.

28 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No.  WATER IS NOT WET in liquid form.  Wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid.  In fact, the only time water can be wet is when it is in solid form, such as snow or ice.

That might be the single stupidest thing I've ever read. Flat-Earthers would be jealous. Anyone who's read it is feeling about half an IQ point evaporate.

3 hours ago, RamSack said:

Dick Cheney reminisces about the days when he was in college when Wyoming's enrollment was higher than it is today....

image.png.ae97a5ddad9fcae307899f52e911193b.png

Are you seriously that thick? No wonder most of Colorado tries to pretend Colorado State is in Nebraska.