Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Slightly OT: Wyoming Enrollment declines

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Are you talking about basketball or football?

¿What does it matter?  Utah is currently #2 in 12-Pack hoops & their football team won the Pack South this past Fall.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, GoState99755 said:

¿What does it matter?  Utah is currently #2 in 12-Pack hoops & their football team won the Pack South this past Fall.

Meh....

Sure Utah has owned BYU in football the past 10 years. (9-1).

But BYU has owned Utah in basketball the past 10 years.  BYU is 8-3 against Utah in basketball over the past 10 years.   Including beating Utah this year....

You seriously going on about how great the PAC12 is this year?   They are terrible.  Might be a 1 bid league.    And they are a Power 5 conference.

Utah is ranked 108 in the KenPom.   They'll need to win the PAC12 tourney to get an NCAA tourney invite.   You really don't follow college basketball, do you?

2 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Read "competition = investment". The guy's a slumlord. The last thing he wants to do is reinvest in his properties.

One problem Wyoming has is very lax laws regarding rental housing. There are no real regulations regarding property conditions, sanitation, safety, etc...

Yup, and students as a captive market with (generalizing here) low levels of sophistication are an easy target. 

10 hours ago, Bob said:

I missed the part where it said enrollment is declining. You should change the thread title to "I'm a +++++ing Retard". Wyoming's largest class ever was this year

I'm guessing that every university in the MW can lay claim to having the largest class in their history this year.  I believe that the University of Northern Colorado has surpassed Wyoming for undergrad enrollment and they have experienced great growth that matches the University's investment in dorms.  UW needs to be very careful of Mr. Glass and his selfish interest, unless they're happy with very modest growth since the last time a new dorm was built on campus.

32 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

AGREED...Rky Mtn Champaign Powder is the bomb.  Sierra Cement...no so much.  :-)

We've been getting incredible "champagne" in the last week. All of it on top of a great base of Sierra cement (although cement is powdery, we should call it Sierra concrete:hookah:)

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

We've been getting incredible "champagne" in the last week. All of it on top of a great base of Sierra cement (although cement is powdery, we should call it Sierra concrete:hookah:)

"Cement" rhymes much better with "Sierra" than "concrete."  Unfortunately my poetic license is about ready to expire.  :-(

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

Not the good stuff...

Image result for mt rose chutes

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

AGREED...Rky Mtn Champaign Powder is the bomb.  Sierra Cement...no so much.  :-)

3 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

That looks familiar. Is that Rose?

I'm guessing it is.  Mt Rose is much more accessible from Reno than Heavenly or the NoShore mtns, but you'll have to ask @renoskier.

On 2/15/2019 at 9:06 AM, #1Stunner said:

Just looked it up and got the following information from the University of Wyoming website:

UW's 2017 Quick Facts

Class Facts

• UW is home to more than 13,500 students from all 50 states & 87 countries
  • Undergraduate on-campus enrollment: 8,650
  • Non-resident enrollment: 31%
  • Minority student enrollment: 10%
  • Average high school GPA for entering freshmen: 3.46
  • Male: 47%, Female: 53%

This should be the recruiting mantra for potential students - Bet more LDS would go just for the bride prospects :cheer: