Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

Trump will sign Spending Bill AND Declare National Emergency

Nope.  Phuck him for doing that.  I can’t support declaring a national emergency over a stupid wall. I won’t support the federal government abusing its powers to use eminent domain to seize people’s private property to build a wall.  I don’t see how anybody who claims to love the Constitution can support this.  Time for Trump to be removed from office.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Nope.  Phuck him for doing that.  I can’t support declaring a national emergency over a stupid wall. I won’t support the federal government abusing its powers to use eminent domain to seize people’s private property to build a wall.  I don’t see how anybody who claims to love the Constitution can support this.  Time for Trump to be removed from office.  

:Clapping:

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Did you just figure out that Republicans are the party of hypocrites?  Where are all those 1700s wig guys marching around with their pocket constitutions?

Posted Image

Just now, Akkula said:

Did you just figure out that Republicans are the party of hypocrites?  Where are all those 1700s wig guys marching around with their pocket constitutions?

Alright, easy.  Mug's pretty reasonable for being one of those wrong team guys.:P 

2 minutes ago, Akkula said:

What I’ve learned is that if it’s “my team” that does it it’s ok.  But if it’s the other team that does it it’s bad. It’s a universal thing in politics.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I'll believe it when I see it. The Trump world is such a sh!tshow, who knows what's going to happen?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

What I’ve learned is that if it’s “my team” that does it it’s ok.  But if it’s the other team that does it it’s bad. It’s a universal thing in politics.  

I’m going to add to this.  It’s just another expansion of executive power.  We’ve ceded enough power to the executive over the past 50 years.  Enough is enough.  

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

I knew that Trump wouldn't roll over that easy

Are you concerned that future presidents will declare national emergencies to do whatever they want?  Like universal health care, new green deals, etc.

Guest #1Stunner
21 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Sets a bad precedent, no doubt.

Will this be the norms for both parties?  Declare a national emergency, and give the Executive Branch unbridled power to buy what they want?

22 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Yep, remove the mother+++++er. I’m sure Masto and wacky Jackie are already in, gonna put a call in to my representatives office today.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Are you concerned that future presidents will declare national emergencies to do whatever they want?  Like universal health care, new green deals, etc.

You were fine with Obama using executive power to overrule legislative law on the border.

Why are you now upset Trump is doing the same thing hypocrite?

Some of us have been railing against you morons for years and your use of executive power.  Your idiocy in changing senate rules.  We told you it would all come back to haunt you.   Now the hypocrites are upset.   It is quite hilarious if it wasn't such a destructive force in our government.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yep, remove the mother+++++er. I’m sure Masto and wacky Jackie are already in, gonna put a call in to my representatives office today.

Do you have any R congress people in Washoe?

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Sets a bad precedent, no doubt.

Will this be the norms for both parties?  Declare a national emergency, and give the Executive Branch unbridled power to buy what they want?

Yes, and if Congress does nothing they assenting to this siezure of power from the executive branch. Mug is right, if you love America and the constitution that made it possible, people need to speak out against this. If not, if Congress sits idle, we’re doomed to an elective monarchy where a weak legislature can be run around at every turn.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yes, and if Congress does nothing they assenting to this siezure of power from the executive branch. Mug is right, if you love America and the constitution that made it possible, people need to speak out against this. If not, if Congress sits idle, we’re doomed to an elective monarchy where a weak legislature can be run around at every turn.

In other words, a stacked supreme court and a feckless legislature....LIKE VENEZUELA!!:frustrated:

Posted Image

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Do you have any R congress people in Washoe?

I do. Mine is Amodei, so my call will at least go to someone who needs to be persuaded. But you don’t have to be in someone’s district to put in a call.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

McConnell has already voiced support.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say