Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

The only place more F’d up than us

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Only place more F'd up? 

No shit. Venezuela anyone? 

We got problems, but compared to just about everywhere else, everything is Kool and the Gang here. 

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

We got problems, but compared to just about everywhere else, everything is Kool and the Gang here. 

Our problems are minor compared to a lot of other countries in the world.  Hell, our left vs right divide is nothing compared to the left and right in Europe.  We have it easy here. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

10 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Only place more F'd up? 

9 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah but all those other countries are too far away for Sactown to mobilize his army for. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

In my mom's latter years, after my dad died, my mom watched a lot of Fox news during the 2007-2012 timeframe before she passed.  She was really distraught at the way things were going under the Obama administration.  I lost a lot of respect for Fox and their manipulation of facts, "breaking news" hooks, and losing perspective of the big picture of how great our country is and how much we have to be thankful for.  Sacto has contributed many good ideas over the years, but I am afraid his current sources of information are not fair and balanced and may be feeding TDS.    

110926run_defense710.jpg

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

They are indeed.

^ This one's for you @happycamper

"So... what's the angle on our newest pop star?"

"Katy Perry/Ziggy Stardust mashup"

"rad. Rad. RAD! Do it. Greenlit"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

In my mom's latter years, after my dad died, my mom watched a lot of Fox news during the 2007-2012 timeframe before she passed.  She was really distraught at the way things were going under the Obama administration.  I lost a lot of respect for Fox and their manipulation of facts, "breaking news" hooks, and losing perspective of the big picture of how great our country is and how much we have to be thankful for.  Sacto has contributed many good ideas over the years, but I am afraid his current sources of information are not fair and balanced and may be feeding TDS.    

Modesto my feelings of the dysfunction of our current political parties goes way beyond Trump.   If anyone actually read the article it was about how the Brexit model was creating political paralysis and threatening to split the Tory and Labor parties apart.   It talks about the inter party split between a populist and nativist wing and the business elite.   

It many ways it reflects what is going on in the US but if a no deal Brexit occurs the impact will be far greater than a couple month long government shutdown.   And of course neither is remotely close to what’s happening in Venezuela but I assumed that was obvious and didn’t need to be stated. 

22 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Traveled a lot.  Just don’t put places like Venezuela, Kenya, and Belarus in the same class of countries as the US.  

Europe and Asia are having plenty of their own problems. Look at the Yellow Vests in France, and much of Europe is officially in a recession. 

Honestly, at this point the US is in better shape than most.

7 minutes ago, bigd said:

Europe and Asia are having plenty of their own problems. Look at the Yellow Vests in France, and much of Europe is officially in a recession. 

Honestly, at this point the US is in better shape than most.

A recession isn’t a problem.  A breakdown in our political parties and putting party ideology over what is best for our country is a problem.   The nativist sentiment is a problem.  

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

A recession isn’t a problem.  A breakdown in our political parties and putting party ideology over what is best for our country is a problem.   The nativist sentiment is a problem.  

I can't think of a place where a nativist sentiment isn't a problem and most places racism and political division are far worse than here.   

I can't think of a country bigger than Oregon that doesn't have worse problems in everyone of those area's.

10 hours ago, Bob said:

Japan is facing a looming crisis

It’s not looming anymore, it’s here.

Its still an amazing country with an industrious people, but when your gdp has been stagnant for decades and your total population is in decline like theirs is now its hard to say it’s thriving.

I was in awe of the place when I was there 20 years ago, when I went last month it reminded me of the upper Midwest.  Tired.

Still clean and safe, far more so than here.  But it’s no longer shiny and new looking.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Nativism is a problem in all of Europe. The only reason it isn't in Asia is because there's no diversity. China is 92% Han Chinese and they're putting over 1 million Muslims into camps. 

Other than maybe Canada, the US is by far the easiest place for immigrants to assimilate.