Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Boise at Fresno

8 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Unfortunately, this season has turned into one where the focus is more on the players, development, improvement, and less on the wins and losses. Fortunately, there is enough to be hopeful for the near future... but not this year. They could be very good next year. 

Only hopeful for next year if somehow the freshman PG is legit and we somehow stumble onto a legit post.  We have wings.  May as well be called Wingers because we don't have much else.  This is a swiss cheese roster that like Soup says doesn't know how to win. 

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Unfortunately, this season has turned into one where the focus is more on the players, development, improvement, and less on the wins and losses. Fortunately, there is enough to be hopeful for the near future... but not this year. They could be very good next year. 

Excuses. You needed to win this game for the good of the conference and in the interest of the Aggies finishing second. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

6 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Only hopeful for next year if somehow the freshman PG is legit and we somehow stumble onto a legit post.  We have wings.  May as well be called Wingers because we don't have much else.  This is a swiss cheese roster that like Soup says doesn't know how to win. 

The '13 lost a ton of close games. Nine games were lost by 5 points or less. The very next year they won the conference. I'm not saying that's what will happen next year, but those type of numbers tend to be an anomaly and correct themselves from year to year. 

14 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Excuses. You needed to win this game for the good of the conference and in the interest of the Aggies finishing second. 

Doesn't matter. You'll both be on the opposite side of the draw from UNR. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

The '13 lost a ton of close games. Nine games were lost by 5 points or less. The very next year they won the conference. I'm not saying that's what will happen next year, but those type of numbers tend to be an anomaly and correct themselves from year to year. 

It's certainly likely that they are better next year because the 3 main scorers all come back older and wiser and Alston should take that next step to an all league player.  But holes remain in the roster.  Big ones.  When the 2 transfers are ready to go the following season things will change but Hobbs and Jessup will be gone.

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

All part of Leon's master plan to actually win a MWC tournament game.  Be 6th and play San Jose on day 1. 

3 hours ago, madmartigan said:

What meats are those? Looks pretty fantastic. Ever tried Tacos El Gordo in Chula Vista, TJ, or Vegas? The al pastor tacos are not to be missed. 

Asada 

Buche

Lengua

Never tried El Gordo, I’ll make sure to check it out next time I’m traveling. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg