Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

Sports store goes out of business after boycotting Nike over Kaepernick

5 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

It's probably a bad business move. But I doubt it is the reason he went out of business.

Interestingly, there are instances where alienating a large portion of potential customers can work out. This place did it, and as of last summer was still in business.

27198946-27198946.jpg?crop=1xw:0.7500000

https://www.ksbw.com/article/popular-restaurant-on-monterey-wharf-posts-no-loud-kids-sign/1054642 

That is/was the whole damn point of rock n roll. 

On 2/13/2019 at 9:30 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Wasn't he liquidating his Nike gear?  He literally helped people who wanted Nike products.  How many Nike boycott fragiles were buying Nike in the first place?  My guess is few.  He put himself out of business for getting too emotional.  I feel for his family, honestly.

No. He had no Nike gear. Didn't buy it for his store. Hes liquidating all his Addidas, Converse and what have you. 

3 hours ago, CPslograd said:

That is/was the whole damn point of rock n roll. 

Rock and roll is for old people now.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

10 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Rock and roll is for old people now.

I didn’t see that one coming.  The people wearing rock ports are the same ones listening to rock n roll....

what the hell happened to if it’s too loud you’re too old?

51 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I didn’t see that one coming.  The people wearing rock ports are the same ones listening to rock n roll....

what the hell happened to if it’s too loud you’re too old?

Hey man, there was a time when listening to Stravinsky made you a badass. The sands of time...

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:17 AM, cardrater said:

Kaep mixed sports and politics together and now he’s out of the game. Interesting that stores fail to see that doing the same thing may result in not getting paid. 

He just got paid, probably a very large amount 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-kaepernick-collusion-lawsuit-against-nfl-settled/ar-BBTEpIW?OCID=ansmsnnews11

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

F**k off and die you commie bastard. Rock will always live.

41 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The fukk you say?

school-of-rock-jack-black-650-430.jpg

Hey, I love rock music. But kids don't. This is a true statement.

1 hour ago, rudolro said:

Are those Kirkland's? Every white dude over 70 owns those sweet kicks.

I wear Kirkland khakis exclusively. 

#aDADSlife

16 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Not true, my high school daughter and her friends started liberating all my LedZ and Stones CDs about 3 or 4 years ago.

Yes, and I listened to my dad's Joe jackson and free design records when I was in high school. There will always be people into it, but it is nowhere near the relevant music it was even 10 years ago.

Hip hop culture is popular culture now

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

6 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

F**k off and die you commie bastard. Rock will always live.

Today's music ain't got the same soul.  I like that old time rock 'n roll.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:12 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Hey man, there was a time when listening to Stravinsky made you a badass. The sands of time...

I garauntee anyone that can talk sports and have a Stravinsky conversation is still a badass to know.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

No. He had no Nike gear. Didn't buy it for his store. Hes liquidating all his Addidas, Converse and what have you. 

Link

Prime Time Sports in the Chapel Hills Mall is offering half-price deals on all Nike apparel as a protest to the athletic giant in response to its latest ad that stands in support of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

This is how this all started for him in 2018