Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Federal judge finds Paul Manafort lied to Mueller probe about contacts with Russian aide

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort lied to prosecutors with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III about matters close to the heart of their investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

The judge’s finding that Manafort, 69, breached his cooperation deal with prosecutors by lying after his guilty plea could add years to his prison sentence and came after a set of sealed court hearings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/us-judge-finds-paul-manafort-lied-to-mueller-probe-about-contacts-with-russian-aide/2019/02/13/c5209f7a-2f2c-11e9-86ab-5d02109aeb01_story.html?utm_term=.8f641ad167f5

Manafort's defense appeared to be, "I have a bad memory" and "Gates isn't a credible witness". 

Important to note... Judge Jackson found him in violation of the agreement in 3/5 counts. The payment was to him from a Trump Super PAC that was his actual compensation for working the campaign, but disguised. The third count relates to him relaying polling information from the Trump campaign to "foreign interests", which are thought to be Oleg Deripaska. God only knows what the other DoJ investigation was, but if I had to wager a guess, I'd say that it's inauguration related.

UhArCmQ.png

j2JkmdK.png

TDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.