Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Trump Installs Golf Simulator

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/13/politics/trump-golf-simulator/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/13/politics/donald-trump-golf/index.html

Trump spends 50k of his own money to replace a system Obama had installed and this is somehow worthy of both an article and an opinion piece.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14C1F6E1-16B5-43B6-8D11-E34D76CACAE9.jpeg

This is an example of why many conservatives don’t trust the media.  It’s a non-story that’s titled to deceive people.  He replaced an Obama system with a new one out of his own pocket. Yet people only read the headlines and make up their minds before they even read the story.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

While I completely agree that this is a non story, I don't see anything dishonest about the reporting. Even the opinion piece says it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Then goes into a retread of the hypocrisy of Trump saying he wouldn't glif and hiscriticism of Obama for golfing. Which is a legit criticism but one we have heard many times now. I didn't see anything in either article criticizing trump for building it(other than pointing out the hypocrisy). 

The part I found funny was they said he hadn't used it yet. Maybe he hasn't figured out how to turn it on. 

Just now, tspoke said:

While I completely agree that this is a non story, I don't see anything dishonest about the reporting. Even the opinion piece says it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Then goes into a retread of the hypocrisy of Trump saying he wouldn't glif and hiscriticism of Obama for golfing. Which is a legit criticism but one we have heard many times now. I didn't see anything in either article criticizing trump for building it(other than pointing out the hypocrisy). 

The part I found funny was they said he hadn't used it yet. Maybe he hasn't figured out how to turn it on. 

I think a more honest headline (which is all people really read) would be “Trump replaces Obama era golf simulator in White House”.   I agree about the hypocrisy though with Trump criticizing Obama for his golfing.  

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

14C1F6E1-16B5-43B6-8D11-E34D76CACAE9.jpeg

This is an example of why many conservatives don’t trust the media.  It’s a non-story that’s titled to deceive people.  He replaced an Obama system with a new one out of his own pocket. Yet people only read the headlines and make up their minds before they even read the story.  

Yes...it is dumb, but seriously, this type of thing is not new.  Seems to me conservatives started feeling the world was against them with the rise of Fox news - the ultimate mainstream sensationalist channel.  Sure Fox gave an alternative to some of the nonsense from other channels but it was selective. They told their viewers the other guys were all against them and but weren't picking apart any of the nonsense about Obama or Clinton, etc. Conservatives are not the victims of the media, we've all been the victims forever.

See the source image