Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

battle.borne

OT: Pac 12 Network a bigger failure than you think

I dropped DirecTV a year ago and have not missed it a bit. I subscribed to Hulu for the football season, which met my needs perfectly. Aside from sports, I watch less than 5 other networks on a semi-regular basis. I've actually enjoyed watching games on Facebook

14 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

East Bay = Walnut Creek. So it’s not like it was previously based in Antioch. 

Before leaving to go into business for myself, I worked for a state agency which has several regional offices spread out geographically, most of which are in leased facilities. Several years ago that agency moved its Bay Area office from San Francisco to Oakland to save money because per-square-foot space in the The City is among the most expensive in America. As such, and I hadn't heard before that Scott had moved the P12's office to SF and particularly in light of how that conference's TV network has been as successful as a lead balloon, I find that decision to be inconceivable.

Boom goes the dynamite.

36 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Before leaving to go into business for myself, I worked for a state agency which has several regional offices spread out geographically, most of which are in leased facilities. Several years ago that agency moved its Bay Area office from San Francisco to Oakland to save money because per-square-foot space in the The City is among the most expensive in America. As such, and I hadn't heard before that Scott had moved the P12's office to SF and particularly in light of how that conference's TV network has been as successful as a lead balloon, I find that decision to be inconceivable.

He just wants to spend the remaining days of his contract in style. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I have Pac Network here in SD on Spectrum as well as SEC and B1G.  I think I've watched any of them twice; the SDSU - Stanford FB game and the SDSU - Cal BB game. You would have to be either a degenerate gambler or chronically unemployed to watch either for any length of time.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

20 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I get a lot of Pac12 content with my ‘Sling Orange’ subscription, but rarely ever watch any of the Pac12 content. Just doesn’t interest me.

I'm in the same boat.  PAC 12 schools just don't interest me too much even though I live in the footprint and am a PAC 12 graduate.

On 2/14/2019 at 12:28 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

But it was in Walnut Creek. It’s from one crazy expensive place to another. 

17 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

But it was in Walnut Creek. It’s from one crazy expensive place to another. 

It's all relative. I live only ~8 miles NW of UCLA. It isn't Westwood expensive but the fixer upper we bought 20 years ago and have renovated is worth an absurd amount now.

Of course, our friends' 3-BD condo with a view on Bush in SF is valued at about the same as our place despite the fact their home has no lot.

Boom goes the dynamite.

10 hours ago, Bob said:

I was going to comment on this. It's probably so shitty to live in the east/south that ALL you have is sports. Much more to do/care about in the west other than sports.

It’s really tough out east, skied a Killington the past two days, going to see the Oilers at Islanders tomorrow and Bocelli at the Met on Sunday.  To bad there is nothing to do out east. LOL

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill