Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

battle.borne

OT: Pac 12 Network a bigger failure than you think

"With just 17.9 million subscribers (per Kagan), the Pac-12 Networks will have fewer subscribers in 2019 than The Pursuit Channel, The Sportsman Channel, Fox Deportes and Z Living, according to Nielsen cable coverage estimates from the fall."

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/13/think-the-pac-12-networks-are-struggling-with-audience-and-revenue-the-reality-might-be-worse-than-you-imagined/?utm_content=tw-bangsports&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

ATT UVerse dropped Pac-12 Network and really the only carrier to carry them nationwide now is Dish Network. Charter does carry them but only in select areas same with other carriers. I think Pac-12 Network is dying a slow death like i said before. Maybe they would be better to turn it into a regional thing and then move forward. 

You can't even it get online unless you have a subscription to a  carrier that has it. 

The annual payouts is amazingly low.  I'd be interested in seeing a comparison between the MWC payouts to each school per year and the PAC 12.  I can see why there are rumors that some schools may be ready to bolt. 

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

10 hours ago, battle.borne said:

"With just 17.9 million subscribers (per Kagan), the Pac-12 Networks will have fewer subscribers in 2019 than The Pursuit Channel, The Sportsman Channel, Fox Deportes and Z Living, according to Nielsen cable coverage estimates from the fall."

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/02/13/think-the-pac-12-networks-are-struggling-with-audience-and-revenue-the-reality-might-be-worse-than-you-imagined/?utm_content=tw-bangsports&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow

Not ever making a deal with DirecTV has had really hurt them. I like the network itself. I have Dish. 

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Not ever making a deal with DirecTV has had really hurt them. I like the network itself. I have Dish. 

I like the network too, but I always thought the regional networks were a bit much. Maybe one for each division, but having 6 regional networks on top of the main one is just crazy.

I think the whole thing is about to blow up.  Larry Scott gets paid over $4mm and has moved the HQ to DT SF from the east bay increasing overhead exponentially with that move plus the expansion in conference expenses from the in-house network and housing them in DT SF while the schools are taking home maybe $2mm/yr from the conference network.  Those incremental costs are noticeable when the revenue payout is below what was promoted.

I've said this before but USC is not happy with the revenue being generated from the conference and feel it is putting them at a disadvantage vis-a-vis the SEC and B1G.  Something is going to break and I suspect the other schools would rather throw Scott under the bus than lose USC so I expect to see him gone and a new guy brought in to restructure everything.  If that doesn't work and the gap between the SEC/B1G and the Pac widens USC will be gone.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

I think the whole thing is about to blow up.  Larry Scott gets paid over $4mm and has moved the HQ to DT SF from the east bay increasing overhead exponentially with that move plus the expansion in conference expenses from the in-house network and housing them in DT SF while the schools are taking home maybe $2mm/yr from the conference network.  Those incremental costs are noticeable when the revenue payout is below what was promoted.

I've said this before but USC is not happy with the revenue being generated from the conference and feel it is putting them at a disadvantage vis-a-vis the SEC and B1G.  Something is going to break and I suspect the other schools would rather throw Scott under the bus than lose USC so I expect to see him gone and a new guy brought in to restructure everything.  If that doesn't work and the gap between the SEC/B1G and the Pac widens USC will be gone.

East Bay = Walnut Creek. So it’s not like it was previously based in Antioch. 

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

USC needs to worry more about making their football team relevant again. 

I get a lot of Pac12 content with my ‘Sling Orange’ subscription, but rarely ever watch any of the Pac12 content. Just doesn’t interest me.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

23 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

USC needs to worry more about making their football team relevant again. 

Seriously. They have a mediocre program and now have to worry about having two good NFL teams sharing a city with them that will be playing in a brand new state of the art stadium in a year. The Pac-12 network’s failures are the least of their worries right now. 

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Seriously. They have a mediocre program and now have to worry about having two good NFL teams sharing a city with them that will be playing in a brand new state of the art stadium in a year. The Pac-12 network’s failures are the least of their worries right now. 

I think UCLA is about to turn the corner 

Related image

5 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

East of Colorado is so ugly people don’t wanna go outside so they watch Arkansas volleyball apparently. 

Really, dude? You're going to type this bullshit made up crap and insult like 3/4ths of the country? +++++ off. No, we don't watch Arkansas volleyball because it's too ugly to go outside. 

Arkansas volleyball sucks, we all watch UAB volleyball instead, god damn.

49 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

shoulda worked out a deal with Direct tv.

Direct TV is losing customers in droves. In fact Direct TV Now is the only streaming service to lose customers now that they raised prices again and did away with all their incentives. Initially it may have helped.

2 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

Direct TV is losing customers in droves. In fact Direct TV Now is the only streaming service to lose customers now that they raised prices again and did away with all their incentives. Initially it may have helped.

Yeah I’m dropping direct as soon as basketball season is over, lol. But the pac not working something out with direct message in the beginning was a huge mistake.