Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

I want these guys as my attorneys

3 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I just saw this. Good advice for your kid, although it’s crazy how different advice about things like this can be depending on race. I was raised by my stepdad (who is black) and his advice to me and my half-brother if/when We got pulled over was simply “10-2, yes sir no sir”. I remember I would occasionally say what about blah blah blah, and he would just respond with “10-2, yes sir no sir”, which would make me laugh. A few of my black friends have said their dads/grandpas would tell them much of the same.

No real point to the story, just an interesting anecdote considering the conversation. 

This is a good point, too. I wonder if the strategy you're describing is a different version of the same thing - 10-2, yessir nossir is almost like defiant compliance in some ways, in that you are complying, but if you don't say anything but yes or no you aren't offering up anything incriminating.

That being said, I don't doubt that a young black man even today is in the aggregate treated differently (read: worse) by cops when they assert their rights than a young white man.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 hours ago, Extra Mayo said:

When it comes to traffic stops, the only way to avoid d1ckhead cops is DONT GIVE THEM A REASON TO PULL YOU OVER. Stop being an idiot and stop making trouble for yourself. Driving on public roads, driving illegally especially, is in no way a Right. None of you guys are outlaws, so wise the eff up .

"Probable cause? Probably cuz I wanted to pull you over." is pretty much a truism for police. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

"Probable cause? Probably cuz I wanted to pull you over." is pretty much a truism for police. 

Don't put words in my mouth. I offered sage advice, not sure fire naivete.

Yes you can still get pulled for DWB, driving while banging a cops ex wife, or driving with CALIF plates. But for now, anyway, the legal system must offer remedy. If you want to be a justice warrior, don't violate laws.

1 minute ago, Extra Mayo said:

Yes you can still get pulled for DWB, driving while banging a cops ex wife, or driving with CALIF plates. But for now, anyway, the legal system must offer remedy. If you want to be a justice warrior, don't violate laws.

I didn't put words in your mouth, I countered your suggestion that you should avoid breaking the law if you want to avoid encounters with police with the suggestion that police find reasons to initiate encounters if and when they want to, and they are legally empowered to do so.

Everyone violates laws every day. 

7 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I didn't put words in your mouth, I countered your suggestion that you should avoid breaking the law if you want to avoid encounters with police with the suggestion that police find reasons to initiate encounters if and when they want to, and they are legally empowered to do so.

Everyone violates laws every day. 

Are LE near you hiring? They cld use smart guys like you and me.

27 minutes ago, Extra Mayo said:

It would be hard for him to fit any words in there what with the gigantic blue cock in place

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, Extra Mayo said:

That's the same reason there's no point in telling you blow it out your ass!

#MoreInCommonThanWeThought #HVD

Panda soprano asphalt condor LIMA!

#salaciouscandycorn #herbalistdiary #SMFLDAJES

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, Extra Mayo said:

Excuse me, but did I call on. you?! I'll let the Useful Idiot know when I need him to be of use. Hint: Troll Derby

Spherical Liberal condition mass To loam fall!? coat... slam. Observe: Summer Slalomers

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

This is a good point, too. I wonder if the strategy you're describing is a different version of the same thing - 10-2, yessir nossir is almost like defiant compliance in some ways, in that you are complying, but if you don't say anything but yes or no you aren't offering up anything incriminating.

That being said, I don't doubt that a young black man even today is in the aggregate treated differently (read: worse) by cops when they assert their rights than a young white man.

You know I never thought about it like that, but you’re right on the money with that. I remember vaguely him saying something like be extremely polite but keep your answers as short as possible. He didn’t really explain why but now that I think about it I’m sure the reasoning was to not give them any more information  then the bare minimum. 

Damnit do our parents just know everything??

2 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

i'm frustrated because i keep trying to talk to you like a human being and not someone who just wants to score points in arguments and i keep being disappointed.  but not *that* frustrated.

I can relate. For me its frustrating to see lol sticking to the civil rights era script, when black ppl are having to invent hate crimes against themselves. 

I get frustrated when ppl admit what a stupid career choice LE is, then use their next breath to complain about how stupid LE is

I've found sushi helps. Let me know if you're ever in San José I'll shiw you the ropes

Sending Sushi

Sushi Ice Cream = B+

IMG_20190214_135415865.thumb.jpg.c91987fd99367220e3a346e5fd91c51e.jpg

11 minutes ago, Extra Mayo said:

I can relate. For me its frustrating to see lol sticking to the civil rights era script, when black ppl are having to invent hate crimes against themselves. 

I get frustrated when ppl admit what a stupid career choice LE is, then use their next breath to complain about how stupid LE is

I've found sushi helps. Let me know if you're ever in San José I'll shiw you the ropes

Sending Sushi

Sushi Ice Cream = B+

IMG_20190214_135415865.thumb.jpg.c91987fd99367220e3a346e5fd91c51e.jpg

i've done none of those things

36 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Ok, Ill bite. What is the significance of “10-2”. 

Think of the steering wheel as a clock, keeping your hands at 10-2 lets the officer know you have no weapon, which is the first thing they’re looking for as they approach your vehicle. It makes their job a little easier and less harrowing if you show hands immediately and many appreciate it.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.