Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Which school brings more the MWC, Wyoming or USU?

Which school is more valuable to the conference?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. More valuable school to this conference?

• Wyoming. They are a founding member, invest in facilities and Josh Allen
    • USU. #2 athletic department in a state 6 times the size. More competitive teams. Not in Laramie.

15 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

i think bob's ideas are interesting.  i've already subscribed to his newsletter.

It's an informative pub. Been around for a while too.

1964-Air-Force-Academy-Sports-Newsletter-February-Issue.jpg.f4dc31011fc9a9dd2dd9d102e1e57d5d.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

21 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

All I've ever said was USU = BYU Jr.

Logan High School, the successor-in-interest to the Brigham Young College<Logan> (est. 1877), = yBu, the successor-in-interest to the Brigham Young Academy<Pwovo> (est. 1875).

In that day and time, Academies and "colleges" in the wild west were the functional equivalents of high schools.  yBu as presently constituted is the product of more than a century of mission creep.

USU (est. 1882), on the other hand, was founded as an institution of higher learning under the aegis of the Morrill Act, as were Wyoming, CSU, Idaho, NMSU, Oregon St, Nevada, Wazzu, Cal, and many others  ...  Boazy, as we know, was founded as a kind of community college in the capital city.  BYA/yBu has far more in common with Boazy than most folks imagine.  

This is why yBu are the zoobs, and Boazy the tater zoobs.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Fellow MWC fans, do you not see it?  Utah State while perhaps appearing as BYU's lackey is actually an integral part of putting down BYU athletics for good.  As BYU struggles to find meaning as they are out wandering in the desert, the people of Utah (who aren't Utes fans) will begin craving relevance of some sort.  Utah State will be there.  Things are already progressing that way.

By the way while the Boot is the trophy for Wyoming. The Bridger Rifle is one heck of a traveling trophy for Div I athletics.  

Guest #1Stunner
49 minutes ago, USU78 said:

Logan High School, the successor-in-interest to the Brigham Young College<Logan> (est. 1877), = yBu, the successor-in-interest to the Brigham Young Academy<Pwovo> (est. 1875).

In that day and time, Academies and "colleges" in the wild west were the functional equivalents of high schools.  yBu as presently constituted is the product of more than a century of mission creep.

USU (est. 1882), on the other hand, was founded as an institution of higher learning under the aegis of the Morrill Act, as were Wyoming, CSU, Idaho, NMSU, Oregon St, Nevada, Wazzu, Cal, and many others  ...  Boazy, as we know, was founded as a kind of community college in the capital city.  BYA/yBu has far more in common with Boazy than most folks imagine.  

This is why yBu are the zoobs, and Boazy the tater zoobs.

First comment:  BYU and Boise live deep, deep, in your head (as evidenced by your going out of your way to misspell things).

Second comment:  Don't belittle Boise so much.  USU and Boise also have a lot in common because they are both Trucker Schools.

https://www.usu.edu/degrees/index.cfm?id=229

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Fellow MWC fans, do you not see it?  Utah State while perhaps appearing as BYU's lackey is actually an integral part of putting down BYU athletics for good.  As BYU struggles to find meaning as they are out wandering in the desert, the people of Utah (who aren't Utes fans) will begin craving relevance of some sort.  Utah State will be there.  Things are already progressing that way.

By the way while the Boot is the trophy for Wyoming. The Bridger Rifle is one heck of a traveling trophy for Div I athletics.  

USU increasing in relevance?

They are drawing like 4,000 people to their basketball games, and they are in 2nd place in the MWC.  

It's a tough row to hoe in Logan----too small, and not the Wasatch Front.

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Second comment:  Don't belittle Boise so much.  USU and Boise also have a lot in common because they are both Trucker Schools.

https://www.usu.edu/degrees/index.cfm?id=229

The BYU College of Life Sciences was originally named the College of Biology and Agriculture. It was formed in 1954 from the division of the College of Applied Science into this college and the College of Family Living, which was a partial predecessor of the College of Family, Home and Social Sciences. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BYU_College_of_Life_Sciences

So  ...  the Parochial Stench has an Ag Dept?  Who knew?  Here I always thought it was a teacher's college with a cobbled-on law school.

image.png

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, #1Stunner said:

Problem that USU has in the State of Utah is that their games aren't televised.

If they were televised, I could see them gaining more of a following.  But only BYU and Utah's football and basketball games are televised anymore.  Sometimes Weber State is on KJZZ.

Smith has USU going well.  I'm guessing they get a lot more TV games next season.  

To the surprise of many, USU was a good addition to the conference.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

USU increasing in relevance?

They are drawing like 4,000 people to their basketball games, and they are in 2nd place in the MWC.  

It's a tough row to hoe in Logan----too small, and not the Wasatch Front.

Scoff all you want, but as BYU fans look longingly at watching Utah State not only beat their team but then engage in actual meaningful rivalries that their school left behind (your own posts betray this longing), and they watch those unholy Cowpoke infidels launch their tirades and perhaps even ordinance at Utah State while BYU becomes late season P5 cannon fodder or playing far away G5 programs there will come a breaking point.

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Scoff all you want, but as BYU fans look longingly at watching Utah State not only beat their team but then engage in actual meaningful rivalries that their school left behind (your own posts betray this longing), and they watch those unholy Cowpoke infidels launch their tirades and perhaps even ordinance at Utah State while BYU becomes late season P5 cannon fodder or playing far away G5 programs there will come a breaking point.

Wyoming will rue the day!   Rue the day!!!

You know, as well as I do, that throwing things at USU fans is a cheap substitute to the real thing (throwing things at BYU fans).

19 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

You know, as well as I do, that throwing things at USU fans is a cheap substitute to the real thing (throwing things at BYU fans).

USU needs to step up and start misrepresenting events during our games, or there isn't a chance they'll replace BYU as the conferences beelzebub!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

20 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Wyoming will rue the day!   Rue the day!!!

Meh Utahns wearing blue, close enough.  Besides the Utah State - Wyoming rivalry dates back to 1903 earlier than BYU.  Nope if this means the destruction of BYU athletics Wyo will be just fine.  Now Wyo just needs to get that rifle back...

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

USU needs to step up and start misrepresenting events during our games, or there isn't a chance they'll replace BYU as the conferences beelzebub!

My father played for USAC back right after WWII.  He liked to tell the story of sitting on the bench in Laramie, with people in the stands pitching empties (quarts, not sissy fifths) at the visiting team.

Don't know whether it really happened, but I like to think it did.

38 minutes ago, USU78 said:

My father played for USAC back right after WWII.  He liked to tell the story of sitting on the bench in Laramie, with people in the stands pitching empties (quarts, not sissy fifths) at the visiting team.

Don't know whether it really happened, but I like to think it did.

I wouldn't have been surprised.  That's a long time ago.  That was before War Memorial Stadium.

The World Needs More Cowboys!