Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Klobuchar

6 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Who the hell cares if the pay property tax. It’s irrelevant to the original point of double taxation on income.   Which was Mugs original point and is only valid if you assume all investments are domestic.   

He said they pay no taxes.   I proved him wrong again and if you were paying taxes you would care.

You on the other hand is just +++++ing clueless.

22 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

No you and other leftist authoritarian assholes who want control of the population have changed the meaning of middle class because you want to enslave people.   You want to keep the population dependent on the government and the wealthy.  You hate people like me that are independent and are going to pass that means of independence down to the next generation.

There is a reason shithole leftist states like California, Massachusetts and the rest have the smallest middle class and the largest income disparities.

When it comes to people who don't share your right-wing values, you sure are one angry man.

So much so that I hope for your benefit as well as that of your neighbors and co-workers that your community is blood red.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

When it comes to people who don't share your right-wing values, you sure are one angry man.

So much so that I hope for your benefit as well as that of your neighbors and co-workers that your community is blood red.

I think it is more likely the truth makes you angry and you are projecting that anger on everyone that makes you mad.

I am not a religious nut or a military nut, that is more likely you that worship the values of the right.

I am a libertarian and have liberal values in the true sense of the word, not the crap you authoritarian leftists call liberal.    I believe in individual freedoms, including your right to speak like a moron.  I believe the government shouldn't be looking at your electronic data without a warrant and not a warrant from a secret court.  I believe attacking countries like Syria, Libya, Nigeria, Sudan, is a war crime not only against poor third world people who have nothing to do with us, but also against our own kids who are dying in those places because of authoritarians like you.

3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Every country in western europe is so far left they have all their economies in permanent recession.

Trickle down economics is the only reason you have your government job.  

Trickle down economics has never tricked down.

On 2/15/2019 at 6:07 PM, soupslam1 said:

So I take it you don’t believe in an adult taking personal responsibility for ones self.  Simple question, yes or no? That is the whole point I’m trying to make and it apparently was not clear to you based on your response. It’s not necessary to go into a dissertation. 

No, that isn't what I'm saying at all. In fact, I'm saying the opposite. We have the responsibility to have competent government. We have the responsibility to not create a structure that is disadvantagous to hundreds of millions. We have the responsibility to build the strongest country we can. 

We're talking about public policy dude. Everything is a dissertation. It's billions of dollars for millions of people, anything other than extreme care and attention to detail is negligence. 

For example, let's go in to the consequences of your post. You are strongly implying that structural inequality doesn't matter, that geographical circumstances don't matter, that incompetent government doesn't matter - only personal responsibility matters. I feel like this is essentially abdicating personal responsibility of actually making your government work for you, but I digress. 

The logical consequences of this thought process are as follows. Trigger warning: these conclusions are all +++++ing bonkers on purpose; I chose logical outcomes of your very poorly described position that neither I nor you agree with at all for rhetorical purposes. 

• Your father was less wealthy than you are and less economically successful. Why was he so irresponsible? Do you think you learned responsibility from your mother's side of the family or from the free state run schools you went to?
  • Idaho per capita is significantly less wealthy than Wyoming per capita. Why are Idahoans so much less responsible than Wyomingites? Is there some sort of cultural mistake that we Wyomingites could right for your backwards state?
  • Cities by and large are much, much wealthier per capita than rural areas. San Francisco, Seattle, and Manhattan are great examples of this. Why do you think that people in these cities have so much more personal responsibility than anywhere else in the country? 
  • Certain areas are significantly poorer than others at a state level. Why do you think that Eastern Kentuckians are just so much less responsible than, say, Northern Virginians? 
  • Immigrants tend to make less money than native citizens, and then 2nd and 1 1/2 generation immigrants tend to be far better entrepeneurs than native citizens, and by the 3rd generation there's effectively no difference between 3rd and say 7th generation citizens. Why do you think that immigrants have so much less personal responsibility, and then their children are more personally responsible than anyone else, and then their kids are just the same as everyone else? 
  • Iranian immigrants are the wealthiest immigrant group in the US, far more than native US citizens and better than any other immigrant group. Do you think that Iranian culture is just vastly superior to American culture? 

Again, these are all laughable conclusions that are only possible because your explanation to any and all analysis of public policy is "personal responsibility". Demanding a competent government IS exercising personal responsibility; looking at the bloated, ridiculous, unequal structure we have and saying "good enough, people who are losing out because of the shape of the world we live in just lack personal responsibility" is in itself an abdication of your own responsibility to have a competent government. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 2/17/2019 at 7:56 PM, jackmormon said:

Trickle down economics has never tricked down.

It it didn't you wouldn't have a job or a house.

Rich people paid for your schools, they pay for government they pay for everything.

You wouldn't have training or a job or any of your possessions without rich people and trickle down economics.