Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Kamala’s presidential run Up in Smoke?

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

While moderate, “your” candidate had plenty of flaws as well and a switching of the party guard after a 2 term president is not that uncommon if you look back through history.

Yes and the Republican Candidate had quite a few flaws himself (like being the least like candidate in history for one). The difference though is that he had a base that loved him, while Hillary didn't.

I had the same attitude as you 4 years ago. I liked Bernie better, but kind of wanted Hillary to win because I thought she'd fare better in the general election since she was more "moderate". Looking back though, Bernie did far better in the primary than Hillary with white, working class males, and he could have gotten college kids to turn out. I think he would have won all the states that Hillary won, and probably would have taken Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin as well which would have swung the election.

53 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Can we assume character is a given?

Yeah, perhaps not

"good character" doesn't always turn out the base. In fact on The Republican side the opposite proved to be true.

As for Harris, the weed comment is, as mug stated earlier, is nothing.

I have liked the little I have seen of her, but to be honest I really don't know that much about most of the candidates at this point. I would wager that I would prefer all of their characters over that of the sitting POTUS once I get to know them a bit more.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

15 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I guess the argument is if you’re ineligible to be elected president then you can’t serve as president at all.  I don’t think it would stand up in court.  

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/former-president-becomes-vice-president/

Above pretty much says it is an undecided issue, and if it ever came up would likely have to go to courts for an answer.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

14 minutes ago, sebasour said:

"good character" doesn't always turn out the base. In fact on The Republican side the opposite proved to be true.

I really don't care about anyone else. Character is extremely important to me and does matter.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

We all want this wonderful common sense moderate with charisma but we're in the primary.  A dem is going to have to go decently left to get through to the general.  You may get a more moderate candidate in the end but you won't right now.

25 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I really don't care about anyone else. Character is extremely important to me and does matter.

It does but I won’t vote for good character if it’s going to push for a Green New Deal and Medicare for all.  Not happening....  And, we’re dealing with politicians here, any claim of “good character” will be met with skepticism from me no matter what.

v0icAvfW.jpg

11 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

It does but I won’t vote for good character if it’s going to push for a Green New Deal and Medicare for all.  Not happening....  And, we’re dealing with politicians here, any claim of “good character” will be met with skepticism from me no matter what.

It's relative, I understand that.  We all have plugged our noses and pulled the lever.  I'm talking about character issues beyond that, which is what we had in 2016.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, jackmormon said:

She throws full binders at women.

Are they binders full of women though?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

19 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

You wouldn't vote for Jesus if he was running as a democrat.

2 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

She throws binders at full women?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/04/10/romney-binders-still-full-women-are-unearthed/NTdYraj1yQ53uVklgnHZtL/story.html

15 pounds 6 ounces worth of binders.  That’s quite dangerous to have that thrown at you.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I'd vote for Tulsi before I voted for Trump. I'm a huge fan of hers. 

But I wouldn't vote for Kamala or any of the other extremists who're chasing the nomination crown. I'd vote for Biden too maybe, but he hasn't declared yet. 

I've hated Kamala since she was DA in San Francisco and sent more people to prison than Caligula. 

That said, this rap gaffe makes me wonder, does Kamala also walk around with packets of hot sauce? Or did she in the mid-80s while listening to Snoop?

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'd vote for Tulsi before I voted for Trump. I'm a huge fan of hers. 

But I wouldn't vote for Kamala or any of the other extremists who're chasing the nomination crown. I'd vote for Biden too maybe, but he hasn't declared yet. 

I've hated Kamala since she was DA in San Francisco and sent more people to prison than Caligula. 

That said, this rap gaffe makes me wonder, does Kamala also walk around with packets of hot sauce? Or did she in the mid-80s while listening to Snoop?

She should have just owned it. “Yeah, I blazed to gangsta rap while locking people up for doing the same. What’s it to you?” 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

IDK man, character seems to be a cherry on top, not any kind of deciding factor. Bernie probably had the most character out of any real contender in 2016 (I'm including Trump, Cruz, Hillary, and Bernie here) and also was probably the most dangerous one to me policy wise. 

Well he is a character, that’s for sure.