Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Competing rallies....

Trump and Beto were both speaking tonight... Beto at an march/rally that was put on by a few different organizations in El Paso, and Trump at a MAGA rally.

Here's the thing though, they were right across the street from each other... about a thousand feet separated them. Trump apparently touted the size of his event as being 35,000 in an arena that seats like 10,000, and that Beto had 200 people. 

The law enforcement estimates...

So the police estimates have them at about the same size.... I mean, even given how unpopular Trump is in a city like El Paso, I never would have guessed that even estimated crowd sizes would have been similar. It looks like Beto still has a lot of enthusiasm and has somehow kept his momentum through losing the Senate race. Who knows if he's going to end up running, but man this is going to be interesting. Harris pulled an estimated crowd size of around 20,000 when she officially launched her campaign... Beto pulled 10,000 - 15,000 at an event where he was just touted as being a speaker for. There's certainly "star power" and momentum for the Democrats right now. 

Here’s a photo of Beto’s rally from the press line..

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

That photo may have been from earlier. This gives a different perspective 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That photo may have been from earlier. This gives a different perspective 

That's a really interesting perspective, and it does look like the police estimate could be very valid when you compare the video to the other pictures from when he was speaking. Also, he really needs to learn what to do with his hands when he's speaking. :lol:

Unquantified crowd size comparisons are equivalent to drunk dick size comparisons. Republicans, Democrats, and their respective propaganda media outlets are getting ridiculous with this shit. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

35 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Why does it even matter?  TDS...

It really is a sad state when unhealthy obsession turns to crowd size.  

14 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Unquantified crowd size comparisons are equivalent to drunk dick size comparisons. Republicans, Democrats, and their respective propaganda media outlets are getting ridiculous with this shit. 

My point here was more to show that the Democrats are just as fired up and motivated as Trump's base is. A former congressman drew somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 people while the President drew about 5,000 more right across the street. Harris drew 20,000 when she announced her candidacy, and Klobuchar had people out in the snow while she announced hers. Like I said in my original post, even given how unpopular Trump is in El Paso and the surrounding area, I never would have guessed that the March for Truth event would have been able to draw that size crowd. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

My point here was more to show that the Democrats are just as fired up and motivated as Trump's base is. A former congressman drew somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 people while the President drew about 5,000 more right across the street. Harris drew 20,000 when she announced her candidacy, and Klobuchar had people out in the snow while she announced hers. Like I said in my original post, even given how unpopular Trump is in El Paso and the surrounding area, I never would have guessed that the March for Truth event would have been able to draw that size crowd. 

And my point is that it's February 2019, a long way off from November 2020, and we've already got Team Cheeto and the Dems tweeting out rally size comparisons. Jesus ... 

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Imagine how big a Michelle Obama crowd would be. 

Mrs. SGF thinks it's Michelle who should run. Having thought about it, I tend to agree as she checks off a number of Democrat boxes: name recognition, racial minority, female, personable, photogenic. Granted she hasn't held public office but Trump is proof that is no longer a prerequisite for the presidency.

Boom goes the dynamite.

30 minutes ago, Extra Mayo said:

look guyse mexico is bigger than America we're doomed!!!!!!!

Image result for mexico  Image result for usa small

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

10 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Mrs. SGF thinks it's Michelle who should run. Having thought about it, I tend to agree as she checks off a number of Democrat boxes: name recognition, racial minority, female, personable, photogenic. Granted she hasn't held public office but Trump is proof that is no longer a prerequisite for the presidency.

Michelle Obama certainly has the qualifications to run for president. I personally don't believe one must have X number of years as a baby kissing politician to do the job. That all said, I'm certain my philosophy and world view don't align with hers so there's no way in hell I'd want her to win. 

4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Michelle Obama certainly has the qualifications to run for president. I personally don't believe one must have X number of years as a baby kissing politician to do the job. That all said, I'm certain my philosophy and world view don't align with hers so there's no way in hell I'd want her to win. 

She appears to have the character, that would be an advantage over what we've been use to lately.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

She appears to have the character, that would be an advantage over what we've been use to lately.

Agreed. Mrs. Obama is a highly intelligent, well-educated, articulate, career accomplished, and from what I know an amazing wife and mother.