Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Rick Pitino Lakers

2 hours ago, slappy said:

Why would an nba team want him?   I believe he lost more than he won there.  

Pitino will stay retired or catch on with a retread university. Nobody wants the mess.  

Rumor is Magic doesn't care for Luke Walton.  That rumor may be the genesis for the Luke Walton to UCLA rumor.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

33 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Rumor is Magic doesn't care for Luke Walton.  That rumor may be the genesis for the Luke Walton to UCLA rumor.

"Luke Walton, one of the great young minds in all of college basketball."

- Bill Walton circa 2003

3 hours ago, slappy said:

Pitino will stay retired or catch on with a retread university. Nobody wants the mess.  

Pitino has more experience.  I also think he tried to play like a college team and press and do other things like that.

13 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

Or Arizona.

He should become HC at SJSU, talk about starting from the ground up. He can recruit and could turn them into a winning team quickly, heck SJSU fans might even show up. Then it's just a matter of time before they get the NCAA Death penalty.:facepalm:

13 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Pitino has more experience.  I also think he tried to play like a college team and press and do other things like that.

Sounds gimmicky.   Lakers won’t hire Pitino.  Lebron would have a field day with him.  I do think Unlv could take a swing at him though.   I would like to see it.  I don’t believe it would take Pitino 4 years to be .500 in MW play.  Even with MM recruits.  Pitino would have you competing top 3 in year 1.  That is with a whole new team.  He would clear House. 

1 hour ago, slappy said:

I would like to see it.  I don’t believe it would take Pitino 4 years to be .500 in MW play.

You say that as though UNLV has even been .500 in mw play.

13-14 season was the last time UNLV finished at or above .500 in the Mountain West. .500 is better than weve seen in years. 

18 hours ago, slappy said:

Bingo. Some guys win big in college mainly because they're great recruiters. However, the professional leagues with their drafts negate that advantage. Off the top of my head, Lou Holtz is a football example of that and there are a number of others.

Is Luke Walton gone once this season is over? Probably. Will he be replaced by Pitino if he is? Not a chance.

Boom goes the dynamite.