Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

battle.borne

Rebel Net has come full circle on Nevada Basketball

2 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

I mean I honestly don't.

Martin twins and Caroline are men among boys. Hard to replace.

I really hope Muss does stick around. It will keep Reno near the top for the time being. I just don't think he's gonna stay. Money is gonna be way too big after this year. Hell, CAL might bust out a blank check to have him fix that mess.

He would have to change his recruiting philosophy just like if he got the UCLA job.

6 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

I mean I honestly don't.

Martin twins and Caroline are men among boys. Hard to replace.

I really hope Muss does stick around. It will keep Reno near the top for the time being. I just don't think he's gonna stay. Money is gonna be way too big after this year. Hell, CAL might bust out a blank check to have him fix that mess.

Reno is the Martin Twins plus Caroline and then a bunch of role players.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

He would have to change his recruiting philosophy just like if he got the UCLA job.

It wouldn't be hard to adjust to a bigger school. 5 stars come for the name and he'd have his choice of transfer.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

It wouldn't be hard to adjust to a bigger school. 5 stars come for the name and he'd have his choice of transfer.

He’d have to develop freshmen.  I guess that’s what I’m trying to get at.  He hasn’t really shown that he can do that outside of Cam Oliver and Lindsay Drew.  He’s basically gotten guys who are developed for the most part.

29 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

There is a reason their 5-star has a tough time getting minutes.

It's almost as if experience matters just as much as coaching sometimes.

At Tennessee, Grant Williams, Lamonte Turner, Admiral Schofield, Jordan Bowden, Jordan Bone and Kyle Alexander were all freshmen and sophomores 2 years ago under Rick Barnes and went 16-16 with a losing record in the SEC...

This year they are the #1 team in the country as Juniors and seniors sitting with 23-1 record.

Youth and experience isn't an excuse for losing. It is facts.

28 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

He’d have to develop freshmen.  I guess that’s what I’m trying to get at.  He hasn’t really shown that he can do that outside of Cam Oliver and Lindsay Drew.  He’s basically gotten guys who are developed for the most part.

I don't think development is the problem. I think the transfer market is a risk at times. Especially for a complete roster overhaul like next year will be. Before it was Marshall, Oliver, Fenner and then he brings in Caroline. Those dudes leave and he brings in Stephens and Martin twins alongside Caroline/Hall/Drew. Then those dudes leave and he brings in Thurman, Jazz, Brown and Porter alongside Caroline and Martin twins. Jazz and Brown is all that is basically left. It will be his toughest job yet next season.

He's got it down though. It can be tiring for the fans tho. Especially if not living up to hype. Dave Rice rebuilt that damn roster nearly every year. It was hard to remember who the hell was still on the team. That's why I've been ready for Menzies type of recruiting since Kruger...the last time we had a 4 year player.

6 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

I don't think development is the problem. I think the transfer market is a risk at times. Especially for a complete roster overhaul like next year will be. Before it was Marshall, Oliver, Fenner and then he brings in Caroline. Those dudes leave and he brings in Stephens and Martin twins alongside Caroline/Hall/Drew. Then those dudes leave and he brings in Thurman, Jazz, Brown and Porter alongside Caroline and Martin twins. Jazz and Brown is all that is basically left. It will be his toughest job yet next season.

He's got it down though. It can be tiring for the fans tho. Especially if not living up to hype. Dave Rice rebuilt that damn roster nearly every year. It was hard to remember who the hell was still on the team. That's why I've been ready for Menzies type of recruiting since Kruger...the last time we had a 4 year player.

PG: Lindsey Drew/Jazz Johnson/JoJo Anderson

SG: Jalen Harris/Nisré Zouzoua

SF: Eric Parrish/Jalen Townsell

PF: Shamiel Stevenson (Pitt - eligible in December)

C: Jordan Brown/K.J. Hymes

Plus 4 ships. Complete rebuild? I don’t think so but clearly there are a lot of pieces to add. 

8 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

PG: Lindsey Drew/Jazz Johnson/JoJo Anderson

SG: Jalen Harris/Nisré Zouzoua

SF: Eric Parrish/Jalen Townsell

PF: Shamiel Stevenson (Pitt - eligible in December)

C: Jordan Brown/K.J. Hymes

Plus 4 ships. Complete rebuild? I don’t think so but clearly there are a lot of pieces to add. 

That’s not even close to this year’s roster.

38 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

That’s not even close to this year’s roster.

That's what you were saying when Fenner, Marshall and Oliver were leaving. You don't know what the team will look like next year. 

21 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Whatever dude.

He’s right. You don’t think there isn’t a dozen or more transfers lined up to come to Nevada —when there are literally hundreds each year in college basketball? Muss has said from day one his strength is reviewing tape of players who have logged minutes in D1 to see how they can fit here. He can ask about their work ethic in college and look at their transcripts. Nevada’s backcourt with Harris, Jazz, Parrish and Drew is very good. He adds just two more pieces to Brown and Pitt transfer Stevenson and Nevada will be fine. Clearly not as good as this year but certainly better than the garbage product Vegas has been rolling out. 

14 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

He’s right. You don’t think there isn’t a dozen or more transfers lined up to come to Nevada —when there are literally hundreds each year in college basketball? Muss has said from day one his strength is reviewing tape of players who have logged minutes in D1 to see how they can fit here. He can ask about their work ethic in college and look at their transcripts. Nevada’s backcourt with Harris, Jazz, Parrish and Drew is very good. He adds just two more pieces to Brown and Pitt transfer Stevenson and Nevada will be fine. Clearly not as good as this year but certainly better than the garbage product Vegas has been rolling out. 

But menzies is on that 6 year rebuild track and you just wait. He's building the team right and he will be here next year and will have even better players. Just wait, once he has another 2 recruiting classes, UNLV will steam roll everyone. No team has ever won the championship without a Mcdonald's All American on their team. Recruiting is the most important part. And recruiting HIGH SCHOOL players is so much better than recruiting trash transfers. 

-PH

17 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Waddilove is another Rebel Net goon disciple. He's not breakign news anywhere. A propaganda pusher if anything.

Lol you can't honestly believe that. I know there would still be a problem.

Yeah, if we were winning and playing a good OOC, we'd be a top 25 team.  If that is the case, the attendance problems at the T&M wouldn't be nearly as bad.  If fact, we'd probably be averaging 12K+ per game.  Gotta remember, Vegas always follows winners.  While VGK is packing it in, it is still a real expensive option at $100+ per person just for a ticket, and that doesn't include parking and concessions.  If UNLV put a top 25 team on the floor, a lot of people would come back.  This is nothing new. 

19 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

But menzies is on that 6 year rebuild track and you just wait. He's building the team right and he will be here next year and will have even better players. Just wait, once he has another 2 recruiting classes, UNLV will steam roll everyone. No team has ever won the championship without a Mcdonald's All American on their team. Recruiting is the most important part. And recruiting HIGH SCHOOL players is so much better than recruiting trash transfers. 

-PH

A lot of what you said up there is factually inaccurate.  You’re an idiot and beneath me.  I’m not going to waste my time correcting you.

18 hours ago, ph90702 said:

You just described the winning formula of nearly every top ranked CBB team in America. You need a nucleus of stars (2-3) and complimentary role players. That's how you win at the highest levels. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

On 2/11/2019 at 6:28 PM, ph90702 said:

Especially if the +++++in’ Golden Knights suck!  Especially is Gallant can’t +++++in’ coach!  And especially if McPhee can’t evaluate +++++in’ talent!

You should practice cussing in front of the mirror first before you try it in public.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke