Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

battle.borne

Rebel Net has come full circle on Nevada Basketball

The admins used to tear down Nevada and come up with elaborate conspiracy theories concerning Muss and how he's attracted talent to Reno. Things have changed a bit... 

IMG_7058.jpg

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

The admins used to tear down Nevada and come up with elaborate conspiracy theories concerning Muss and how he's attracted talent to Reno. Things have changed a bit... 

IMG_7058.jpg

I must be missing something, but I’m not sure how you get that out of that quote? I kind of read that as to why the need to hire Pitino, lol. But I never go to rebel net, so I don’t know what that was in context to.. I guess thanks for keeping us informed? 

2 hours ago, battle.borne said:

IMG_7058.jpg

Sound like they have come to the thinking that only Pitino can pull UNLV from the doldrums - But then Rebel-Net has always been the home of the "Big Hire" that would inevitably return the program to glory :shrug:

11 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

The reality of what pro sports is going to do to Vegas is starting to sink in.  

There has been a pro hockey team in Vegas for 1 year. Unlv's ineptitude to field a quality football team has been going on forever. Their hoops program hasn't been worth talking about for over 2 decades. Pro sports is a easy blame. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

31 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

There has been a pro hockey team in Vegas for 1 year. Unlv's ineptitude to field a quality football team has been going on forever. Their hoops program hasn't been worth talking about for over 2 decades. Pro sports is a easy blame. 

I don’t agree. Most fans can spend money on one or the other, not both. That fan base was dissected. Wait until the Raiders ask for PSL cash. 

I read an article that allows Vegas fans the right to buy football season tickets for the same price at the Raiders home as they pay now. Billion dollar stadium, $70 season tickets... you think the AD would be trying to pillage fans in year one?

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I don’t agree. Most fans can spend money on one or the other, not both. That fan base was dissected. Wait until the Raiders ask for PSL cash. 

I read an article that allows Vegas fans the right to buy football season tickets for the same price at the Raiders home as they pay now. Billion dollar stadium, $70 season tickets... you think the AD would be trying to pillage fans in year one?

I think you need to look at football and hoops attendance before the hockey team showed up last year. 

If Unlv hoops ever becomes relevant again they won't have any problems filling the t&m. Hockey team or no hockey. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

58 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I’m not sure about that. But based on the number of tarded Menzies posts on this page alone, rebel fans sure as hell can’t afford their own board. 

wut??

ok, I'm going to leave this thread before I start getting rude, lol.

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

I think you need to look at football and hoops attendance before the hockey team showed up last year. 

If Unlv hoops ever becomes relevant again they won't have any problems filling the t&m. Hockey team or no hockey. 

Especially if the +++++in’ Golden Knights suck!  Especially is Gallant can’t +++++in’ coach!  And especially if McPhee can’t evaluate +++++in’ talent!

Guest #1Stunner
19 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

The reality of what pro sports is going to do to Vegas is starting to sink in.  

19 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Or... It could be the reality of bad coaching. 

Just a thought..

Has the Golden Knights affected UNLV's basketball attendance?

How often are the games at the same time?

13 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Has the Golden Knights affected UNLV's basketball attendance?

How often are the games at the same time?

Piss poor basketball, poor scheduling, and getting run by +20 almost every other game is what is affecting UNLV's bball attendance.  Doesn't help that VGK is rolling as well, but if UNLV was playing a good schedule and not actually winning, there would be no problem.