Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Why SJSU can't Afford to Move to FCS.

10 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

You have no room to call anyone a dumbass owing to the fact that you can't even speak English worth a shit. 

NM

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

40 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

You have no room to call anyone a dumbass owing to the fact that you can't even speak English worth a shit. 

A quickly typed reply that has a type-o in it. Validates that I dunno inglish. Especially on a college football message board. Very valid point, dumb ass.

3 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

A quickly typed reply that has a type-o in it. Validates that I dunno inglish. Especially on a college football message board. Very valid point, dumb ass.

Do you have drawn on eyebrows?

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Do you have drawn on eyebrows?

Do you have nothing better going for you that you feel the need to be a grammar cop on a message? Something tells me you have a residing hairline. 

5 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Do you have nothing better going for you that you feel the need to be a grammar cop on a message? Something tells me you have a residing hairline. 

No. Nobody lives in or on my head. 

9 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

No. Nobody lives in or on my head. 

Apparently, I do. You keep replying. (and thank auto correct for that one).

Do you have a stained shirt on?

6 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

You ask that as if there's something wrong with wearing a stained shirt.

15 hours ago, creeper86 said:

SJSU athletics would much rather fold than go D3 against, I dunno, Santa Barbara? Do they play any big boy sports?? 

Such as softball like your buddy started a thread about?

I don't know about softball but if SJSU doesn't have a losing record over the last 20 years against UCSB in men's basketball, baseball and soccer, I would be shocked.

Please, please, please ...  in the interests of all that is still moral and right in our great country, contact the Big Sky today and beg for admittance.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

32 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

"He'll do," said Bildad, eyeing me, and then went on spelling away at his book in a mumbling tone quite audible.

@Ishmael

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I don't know about softball but if SJSU doesn't have a losing record over the last 20 years against UCSB in men's basketball, baseball and soccer, I would be shocked.

Please, please, please ...  in the interests of all that is still moral and right in our great country, contact the Big Sky today and beg for admittance.

Big Sky would be a mistake.

But the WAC would be a good fit for SJSU----and I don't think it is all that bad, either.

In the WAC, SJSU would have a much greater chance of making the NCAA tournament.   Right now they have ZERO chance (how is that fun for their fans?)

Football, they can easily go FCS Independent, which is what Dixie State University in St. George Utah is planning on doing (FCS Indy is pretty easy to do).

Their fans are oddly against this, because they don't want to lose their rivalry with Fresno State, I guess.   Fresno vs SJSU is one of the more passionate rivalries in the MWC----who knew?

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Creeper could make that happen....but considering SDSU looks to have come back to the “norm”, that is SDSU athletics, we’re looking to pound the Aztecs mediocre to poor program right here in this little conference. You guys played the pretenders well for a few years there,  but welcome back. 

Guest #1Stunner

San Jose is a nice town, and it's odd that SJSU is in such desperate straits...

As a third party watching from afar, it's odd that SJSU is building a new football endzone facility, when their stadium is completely falling apart, and needs to be rebuilt.  Same with their basketball arena.   Start with the basics???   Why are they doing what they are doing?

Anyway, its odd that they can't get any success.   It's all up to these ladies if they will get it turned around soon:

sjm-sjsuad-0520-01.jpg?w=620

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Football, they can easily go FCS Independent

Their fans are oddly against this, because they don't want to lose their rivalry with Fresno State, I guess.   Fresno vs SJSU is one of the more passionate rivalries in the MWC----who knew?

There is no reason, they are content picking up big checks to play P5 needed to help support other programs. my guess is the revenue is much more important to the SJSU Athletic Dept than wins and fans in the seats support.

27 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I keep replying because every time you quote me, the beep interrupts my listening to my Fatboy Slim album. 

As to the second question. No. I generally only wear a sarong around the house. 

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, westfan said:

There is no reason, they are content picking up big checks to play P5 needed to help support other programs. my guess is the revenue is much more important to the SJSU Athletic Dept than wins and fans in the seats support.

Their decision making is out of whack.   Why build this, when you [yer] stadium is literally crumbling?

(it's also odd that they are painting their new building in Santa Clara University's colors)

sjm-l-pizarro-col-0214.jpg?w=620

C439CC4D-F578-4643-94F0-21967F5F7BDD.jpeg

Just now, TheTedfordTrain said:

Stunner, did you take those pics? That looks extremely unsafe. 

They should hang a notice out front so as to mitigate their liability when one of those planks inevitably gives way. 

50 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Since SJSU left the Big West in 1996...

UCSB is 3-1 vs Sparta in men's basketball, last meeting was November 2006. UCSB has three NCAA Tournaments, two NITs, one NBA 2nd round draft pick and produced two NBA players this decade.

22-19 in baseball, last meeting 2014. Note - UCSB has won eight of the last nine games under Andrew Checketts.  Four NCAA bids (three this decade), one College World Series, and a top #5 MLB draft selection.

1-1-1 in men's soccer, last meeting 2003.  We have 11 NCAA appearances, two title game appearances and one championship.

Not as dominant as I would have liked, but by my count Santa Barbara is still ahead of SJSU 26-21-1 overall in those sports and I think we come out ahead in NCAA Tournament play.  We haven't played them much lately, though.