Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Why SJSU can't Afford to Move to FCS.

I'm too lazy to post the articles, but you can find them on line. SJSU depends on the high guarantee $$$ games against P5 to keep their athletic programs alive. That's why they will never drop FBS football or eliminate football. even if they wanted to do it. FYI, if i was a SJSU fan it's tough to be at the bottom of the barrel for football and basketball and buy season tickets and actually use them:facepalm:

On a more serious note, it’s an extremely pathetic situation. Let’s run some bullet points. 

-3-22 record in football the last two seasons.

-Zero conference championships since the Pacific Coast Conference 

-Last place recruiting class rank  

-Budget head football coaching hire. Had no experience even as a coordinator at any level. Budget assistant coaches were hired. Totally inept.

-Worse facilities than most FCC teams  

-1-27 record in conference basketball the last two seasons and counting  

-Zero regular season basketball championships, EVER 

-Smallest athletic budget in the conference 

-Smallest fan base in the conference 

....and now they’ve pretty much admitted that they only pretend to field a competitive football team just so they can cash a check after getting pummeled? Embarrassing for the fans. Embarrassing for the school. Embarrassing for the community.  Embarrassing.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

On a more serious note, it’s an extremely pathetic situation. Let’s run some bullet points. 

-3-22 record in football the last two seasons.

-Zero conference championships since the Pacific Coast Conference 

-Last place recruiting class rank  

-Budget head football coaching hire. Had no experience even as a coordinator at any level. Budget assistant coaches were hired. Totally inept.

-Worse facilities than most FCC teams  

-1-27 record in conference basketball the last two seasons and counting  

-Zero regular season basketball championships, EVER 

-Smallest athletic budget in the conference 

-Smallest fan base in the conference 

....and now they’ve pretty much admitted that they only pretend to field a competitive football team just so they can cash a check after getting pummeled? Embarrassing for the fans. Embarrassing for the school. Embarrassing for the community.  Embarrassing.

On second thought, maybe Cal State Bakersfield doesn't look so bad now...

1 hour ago, creeper86 said:

SJSU athletics would much rather fold than go D3 against, I dunno, Santa Barbara? Do they play any big boy sports?? 

To be fair, SJSU really doesn’t either. 

4-49. Certainly Santa Barbara’s basketball team and its intermural flag football team could muster up more wins than that.  They also have much better baseball.  

8 hours ago, creeper86 said:

SJSU athletics would much rather fold than go D3 against, I dunno, Santa Barbara? Do they play any big boy sports?? 

LMAO!!!!

You can’t make this shit up!  LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Just recruit better and win a damn BCS bowl for the conference. Boise’s the only school making a push, the others pretenders-especially tired Teddy’s club...7/12...bwahaahahahahha

we need some money....get to illegal practicing Boise-be about it.

13 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

You’re wrong. They’ll be smacking us around soon. 

AE9507F9-1E96-4733-A2C6-BCA79C1E1207.thumb.jpeg.bfc7789d7c705041354e9c9a0147700a.jpegE53876DD-47B5-46CA-8909-05D6079A5D9E.thumb.jpeg.d9cd1b1a4a4ec26c8117a4796789f1fd.jpeg

Holding on to message board comments from three years ago is pathetic. You thought this was going to be a sick burn? It's only making you like pathetic. Your trolling needs work.

If you ask the players, they'll tell you they like the opportunity to go to one of the major conference schools and square off against the best.

But is it the responsible thing for the administration to use the willingness of young men to get the shit kicked out of them to fund the athletics department?  Tough call  IMO. It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Beyond this issue, from the perspective of an outsider it seems to me that a drop to D1AA with its reduction in the number of FB scholarships  doubled with the coincident reduction in title IX women's scholarships would more than offset the $1-3 mil received from body bag games. There can hardly be LESS interest in SJSU football. Perhaps some success at the  FCS level would improve the financial outlook. I never miss the FCS playoffs when they're televised. Big, enthusiastic crowds are the norm.  The games are fun and competitive.  There are worse fates.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

44 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Holding on to message board comments from three years ago is pathetic. You thought this was going to be a sick burn? It's only making you like pathetic. Your trolling needs work.

I could go back 5 years and find similar comments- how you guys are improving and will soon dominate. Or 10... or 20. Take your pick. 

6 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

If you ask the players, they'll tell you they like the opportunity to go to one of the major conference schools and square off against the best.

But is it the responsible thing for the administration to use the willingness of young men to get the shit kicked out of them to fund the athletics department?  Tough call  IMO. It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Beyond this issue, from the perspective of an outsider it seems to me that a drop to D1AA with its reduction in the number of FB scholarships  doubled with the coincident reduction in title IX women's scholarships would more than offset the $1-3 mil received from body bag games. There can hardly be LESS interest in SJSU football. Perhaps some success at the  FCS level would improve the financial outlook. I never miss the FCS playoffs when they're televised. Big, enthusiastic crowds are the norm.  The games are fun and competitive.  There are worse fates.

Say what on FCS playoff crowds?  How about 58,000 for 8 games combined...  How about 3k+ for Wofford vs Kennesaw State...  I mean, wow.

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire/_/section/ncf/id/25431535

STATS) -- Subpar attendance in the second round of the FCS playoffs suggests this year's final total will drop from last season.

Second-round attendance on Saturday was down nearly 33 percent as the eight games drew a combined 58,521 fans, compared to 87,054 in 2017.

Defending national champion North Dakota State attracted the second-round high with 17,007 for its game against Montana State at the Fargodome, almost doubling the second-biggest attendance (8,838, Weber State hosting Southeast Missouri).

Inclement weather was a factor with some games. South Dakota State, which ranks 19th in the FCS attendance, had a second-round low of 3,042 for a snowy game against Duquesne, while rain at Kennesaw State contributed to the second-smallest crowd (3,515) attending the game with Wofford.

5 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I could go back 5 years and find similar comments- how you guys are improving and will soon dominate. Or 10... or 20. Take your pick. 

So in other words, you're that pathetic that you don't have something better to do with your time??? Again. This is is making you look bad. Pick up your troll game.

10 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

This^

9 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

So in other words, you're that pathetic that you don't have something better to do with your time??? Again. This is is making you look bad. Pick up your troll game.

Google searches are fairly quick, I promise you.  No longer than the time you’re spending on this message board responding to everyone who attacks SJSU.

You’re missing the point here.  Stop sticking your head in the sand. SJSU has been blowing the same smoke up everyone’s ass for decades. Pretending they intend to field a competitive team. Time’s up. It’s pretty obvious that they just suit up a bunch of FCS caliber players, get them coached by the cheapest guys available, then parade them out to get their shit pushed in. All in the name of a paycheck. Sad. 

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Google searches are fairly quick, I promise you.  No longer than the time you’re spending on this message board responding to everyone who attacks SJSU.

You’re missing the point here.  Stop sticking your head in the sand. SJSU has been blowing the same smoke up everyone’s ass for decades. Pretending they intend to field a competitive team. Time’s up. It’s pretty obvious that they just suit up a bunch of FCS caliber players, get them coached by the cheapest guys available, then parade them out to get their shit pushed in. All in the name of a paycheck. Sad. 

Speaking of missing the point. The speed of Google's algorithms is not the point here. Pathetic and a dumbass. Keep enjoy that smoke up your ass.

3 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Speaking of missing the point. The speed of Google's algorithms is not the point here. Pathetic and a dumbass. Keep enjoy that smoke up your ass.

You have no room to call anyone a dumbass owing to the fact that you can't even speak English worth a shit.