Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

How tight are the MWC BBall Standings?

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I had UNLV coming in fourth before looking at KenPom.  Btw, the game-by-game has us going 11-7, but adding the win probabilities only gets us 10-8.

No way Menzies is fired with a fourth place finish.

just curious, when was the last time you went to a game?

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I went to one in Menzies’ second season.  Why does it matter?

Because you haven’t seen first hand how few fans are attending now. You have to know that makes a difference to the bottom line when there is just no enthusiasm, inside or outside of the arena. 

3 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Because you haven’t seen first hand how few fans are attending now. You have to know that makes a difference to the bottom line when there is just no enthusiasm, inside or outside of the arena. 

Which doesn't figure into the KenPom formula. Nor do such things as trends, including that SDSU has historically won mainly by playing tough defense and although I've been pretty down on the Aztecs this year, over their last three games they have held opponents to 16.4, 8.9 and 16.2 points below their season average. Now that I've said that the Aztecs will probably stink it up tonight at Ft. Collins but I'm becoming cautiously optimistic that the team may finally be starting to play up to its ability.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I had UNLV coming in fourth before looking at KenPom.  Btw, the game-by-game has us going 11-7, but adding the win probabilities only gets us 10-8.

No way Menzies is fired with a fourth place finish.

If the boosters pay for Pitino MM is getting fired if he gets to the sw16.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

If the boosters pay for Pitino MM is getting fired if he gets to the sw16.

what if he gets a natty, and then beats the cavs too?

8k3esKz.png