Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

SJSU @ Boise

In a game no one cares about, Boise wins by 50 and tops 100.

Story of the game was Alston with his 2nd 30 point game on the season. My guess is you'd have to push deep into the annals of history to find the last time a walk-on scored 30 points in a game twice. 

From the SJSU message board: "The Boise announcers are gratuitously bemoaning SJS lack of competitiveness and dearth of talent. They thought that the best player on SJS would be the sixth man for every other team in the MW. Well, the announcers are brutally honest and I would be pissed too if I saw how the Spartans were down-grading the MW. We are living a nightmare and I can't stand it."

As a former Bay Area resident whose career benefited from being hired by a couple Spartans, at the beginning of this decade I still wanted to see SJSU get its sports act together. However, as the Spartan quoted above said, it's now totally apparent there is no longer any hope for that school at the level of even this non-power conference and if SJSU Nation - such as it is - still had any self respect, those people would advocate that their school drop down to the Big Sky.

Boom goes the dynamite.

babigos is evidence that not all Spartan sports fans are helplessly naive about their school's sports viability. Although babigos is in the extreme minority, that appears to be mainly because virtually no alumni younger than 50 care a whit and regardless of what SJSU's administration may do, that more than anything is what is certain to doom its continued membership in this conference.

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

There were more fans to watch the Bronco and Spartan women play today than when the Boise State men played at SJSU. Wellage and Clarke would have made this team competitive. Too bad they left. 

The amount of fans would not have changed. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

10 hours ago, Extra Mayo said:

Basketball is highly overrated as a revenue sport, and I'm glad we don't waste resources on it. Save the vitriol for when it matters, football season.

Where do you use your resources then? Don’t see it in any sport. 

5 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Where do you use your resources then? Don’t see it in any sport. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to learn that contrary to the rest of us, SJSU fails to funnel 100% of its share of MWC TV and NCAA tournament revenue back into its sports programs. Combine that with what we basically know as fact, that SJSU obtains less ticket income than anybody else in the conference, and the conclusion to be drawn is that SJSU doesn't just run an athletics program on the cheap, it runs an athletics program on a shoestring. To quote a great philosopher, sad.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to learn that contrary to the rest of us, SJSU fails to funnel 100% of its share of MWC TV and NCAA tournament revenue back into its sports programs. Combine that with what we basically know as fact, that SJSU obtains less ticket income than anybody else in the conference, and the conclusion to be drawn is that SJSU doesn't just run an athletics program on the cheap, it runs an athletics program on a shoestring. To quote a great philosopher, sad.

You wonder how much longer they can keep the charade going. It finally caught up to the UI. 

7 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Why would you place a ? after that? I see your room strewn with all kinds of Harry Potter sh*t. Don’t front. “Oh, Quittich?” You coy fruit.

Can you fill us in on Sharta’s stellar recruiting class?

14 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Just landed a kid with 25 offers. Finished a pt behind the MWC chumps in avg recruit.....Fresno killing it...

Zero of which were still good offers after signing day. I know you’re not that dumb. 

Don’t forget about this recruit. Great land for you guys. 

https://247sports.com/college/san-jose-state/Article/Insider-Interview-San-Jose-State-Commit-Joshua-Kelly-122849926/

edit: oops. Sorry, old article. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fresnobee.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article223298490.html