Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveem

Any transfers and jC's who are going to help you ,

We have two grad transfer Jacob Capra Oregon and Jimenez form BYU both very solid offensive lineman, something that was supposed to be our strength and was awful instead. jC guys three intotal QB, NT, Corner. Ron Smith got his mAso we brought in JC cb. did you fill in any needs with solid transfers or JC guys?

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

UNLV is basically remaking its defense with jucos. Viramontes was a HUGE get. Tuitasi and Ehimare should help the dline right away. The 3 juco dbs, Houston, Lewis, and Howard could probably all see major playing time or start. UNLV didn't lose much on defense from last year but these incoming guys are gonna push a lot of last year's starters down in the rotation,

TE Austin Griffin is a concensus 4**** and #1 rated JC TE in the country. Boise didn't get much production out of that position last year. Where he could really help is he is a tremendous blocker at 6'7" 250#. With all five on the OL returning, three 4**** RBs, and a (likely) mobile QB, Boise could have a dominant running game. 

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

TE Austin Griffin is a concensus 4**** and #1 rated JC TE in the country. Boise didn't get much production out of that position last year. Where he could really help is he is a tremendous blocker at 6'7" 250#. With all five on the OL returning, three 4**** RBs, and a (likely) mobile QB, Boise could have a dominant running game. 

What happened to 4* JC transfer OL Isiah Moore? Hasn’t really played after two years in Boise. 

Also - Harsin said they still have 2 schollies left. I hope they use one on a grad transfer CB or maybe find a JC guy somewhere at that position.

11 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

What happened to 4* JC transfer OL Isiah Moore? Hasn’t really played after two years in Boise. 

Also - Harsin said they still have 2 schollies left. I hope they use one on a grad transfer CB or maybe find a JC guy somewhere at that position.

Moore still has one year, but it's safe to say he is a bust. 

I'm kinda surprised they didn't get more on the OL this year. I think it's almost a certainty that Cleveland leaves early for the draft which means they are gunna lose four on the OL. They might really struggle next year on the OL. 

Well after spring shakes down, the transfer portal will be full of guys. We could add and many as five more guys with expected losses from players that did not make the two-deep ,entering it.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

16 minutes ago, steveem said:

Well after spring shakes down, the transfer portal will be full of guys. We could add and many as five more guys with expected losses from players that did not make the two-deep ,entering it.

Harsin is holding back two schollies. I think he wants a late qualifier, but I'm sure I'm sure he'd grab a good transfer if the opportunity comes up. 

San Jose State's new punter is graduate transfer Alex Galland from Yale. He turned down offers from Boston College and UCLA to come to SJSU. Two new offensive linemen may become starters for the Spartans: Quinn Oseland, a graduate transfer from the University of Minnesota and Scott Breslin from Ventura College. Cornerback Chad Earle, from East Los Angeles College is expected to replace NFL bound Dakari Monroe's spot. The new placekicker will be Chris Wood from Glendale College.

Champ Logo.jpg

6 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

San Jose State's new punter is graduate transfer Alex Galland from Yale. He turned down offers from Boston College and UCLA to come to SJSU. 

As a punter - SJSU is a pretty damn good place to be. As a Yale mechanical engineering grad, Silicon Valley is probably pretty lucrative as well. 

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

As a punter - SJSU is a pretty damn good place to be. As a Yale mechanical engineering grad, Silicon Valley is probably pretty lucrative as well. 

Not receiving death threats from their own fan base makes life easier for SJSU kickers than, say, Boise State.

Champ Logo.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike Morgan said:

Not receiving death threats from their own fan base makes life easier for SJSU kickers than, say, Boise State.

Easy to feel safe as a SJSU football player.  Should one of the local campus bums accost oneself, just break a piece of the stadium off.  Instant shank!

Interesting that none of the Nevada fans are mentioning Malik Henry.  I really enjoyed watching Last Chance U on Netflix.  And he clearly has the talent and ability to succeed at this level. 

I think he will be a big story for this conference either way.  He could be the guy who failed, failed again, and then proved the doubters wrong.  Or the guy who just never figured it out because of mental and emotional problems.  Either way it is sure to get talked about.

17 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Interesting that none of the Nevada fans are mentioning Malik Henry.  I really enjoyed watching Last Chance U on Netflix.  And he clearly has the talent and ability to succeed at this level. 

I think he will be a big story for this conference either way.  He could be the guy who failed, failed again, and then proved the doubters wrong.  Or the guy who just never figured it out because of mental and emotional problems.  Either way it is sure to get talked about.

The show made him look better than he is. He had something like 10 tds and 8 picks alongside a ~50% completion rate. 

Wyoming just picked up a grad transfer RB. Trey Smith, son of former Jags receiver Jimmy Smith. Transferred in from Louisville. Should make a big impact for the Pokes. We're down to one RB with any game experience. We've got a solid crop of frosh RBs coming in, but having a guy with experience is going to help a ton. Bohl and Vigen love to run with at least 2 backs, preferably 3.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

On 4/25/2019 at 9:14 AM, WYO1016 said:

Wyoming just picked up a grad transfer RB. Trey Smith, son of former Jags receiver Jimmy Smith. Transferred in from Louisville. Should make a big impact for the Pokes. We're down to one RB with any game experience. We've got a solid crop of frosh RBs coming in, but having a guy with experience is going to help a ton. Bohl and Vigen love to run with at least 2 backs, preferably 3.

Position of need for Wyoming. He was mildly productive at L'Ville. 387 yards his last two years with a 5.5 ypc. Probably not going to be a game changer, but could be productive. Especially knowing how they like to run the ball and having a mobile QB tends to open up things for the RBs. 

CSU signed 2 JC o line who look pretty good. one was starting at left tackle in spring, and another played under the current o line coach while he was coaching at Ohio for one season. we also signed Nate Craig Myers a grad transfer from Auburn at wide receiver who was a four-star recruit and played some at Auburn, did quite well. We also signed a grad transfer DE/OLB, WHO STARTED SOME AT ARIZONA STATE. That's about all that I can think of right now.

I'm still not clear on Nate Craig-Myers eligibility for 2019.  I think he's definitely an impact player, just not sure when.