Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackmormon

Tax refunds are smaller, a lot smaller

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Most people understand a tax increase and spending cuts are necessary to get our financial house in order. A tax increase is far easier to implement than spending cuts. Once you give someone something it’s tough taking it away. 

Too bad most people don't practice what they understand then.  Otherwise, they would have had a lot more resistance to some of the tenets of the bill.  Instead they did the Icky Shuffle, while the only long-term change was the people got a bigger portion of the bill.

The first six months of year I claim married with 19 dependants.

The last six months of year I claim single and zero. 

State of KKKalifornia normally returns a few hundred from the thousands they stole. And the feds steal that amount right back, give or take a little bit

6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Too bad most people don't practice what they understand then.  Otherwise, they would have had a lot more resistance to some of the tenets of the bill.  Instead they did the Icky Shuffle, while the only long-term change was the people got a bigger portion of the bill.

Well people did vote for Obama twice and he ran up a bigger debt than all the presidents combined before him. 

14 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Good post. 

Trump loves to spend money, and no one in congress has done anything to contain it. 

As if the Dems would do so?

As to Republicans, none of them will take on Jesus of Trump. You'd have to have a microscope to be able to locate their balls.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 2/8/2019 at 8:57 PM, jackmormon said:

IRS tax refunds are down 8.4 percent under Trump tax plan: ‘There are going to be a lot of unhappy people’

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/irs-tax-refunds-are-down-8-4-percent-under-trump-tax-plan-there-are-going-to-be-a-lot-of-unhappy-people/

This is so funny. Like sending in your taxes is like pulling a slot machine handle to see what you get back. Pretty sure no one is going to be surprised at their refund amount because they figured out and knew that number before they sent them in. What a silly stupid liberal phony talking point. 🤣😂😂😺😺😺

kat.jpg

On 2/9/2019 at 10:44 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

As if the Dems would do so?

As to Republicans, none of them will take on Jesus of Trump. You'd have to have a microscope to be able to locate their balls.

Duck, that lightening strike is on its' way

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Where do most companies receive their withholding tables from? I assume the IRS. When the tax cuts were put in place most Americans received more in their pay check. Am I wrong? The problem as I see it is the companies gave too big of tax cuts and didn’t withhold enough money for taxes from pay checks. Whether that was intentional by the IRS who provided the tax tables is anyone’s guess. 

On 2/9/2019 at 9:19 PM, soupslam1 said:

Well people did vote for Obama twice and he ran up a bigger debt than all the presidents combined before him. 

Trump will take that mantle away from him.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

It was my huge return last week that drove up the numbers, lol. Did take them more than 21 days to electronically deposit so that may be part of it - bigger returns getting a closer eye and not sent right away.

21 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

He would have to run the debt up another $20T. Not going to happen. 

Debt was at $11.66B when Obama inherited it.  He 'only' added $8.59B for a total of $20.25 billion that Trump started with.

Trump is on pace for $4.78B for his first term. (an average debt of $1.23B per year compared to Obama's $1.08B per year.)