Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Fresno State at UNLV

2 hours ago, qwelish said:

UNLV doesnt have 3 seniors on the roster total. Fresno has 3 guys who played in the MWC for 3 seasons, UNLV has one. 

All fresno's good players are 3 star recruits, same for UNLV. Deshon was 1st team all MWC. Clearly underrated. 

UNLV will take a big jump in the talent dept next year if Marv is back. Fresno will probably take a big step back.

First of all, they only had two 3 yr players, the other Braxton Huggins(torched you tonight) was a transfer from NMSU and has only played here this year!  I think the Dogs will be just fine next year...2 Pac 12 transfers, Seeley(6'8) from Utah and Campbell from Oregon State.  They also have a 7'1 center redshirting this year and have a top 15 center out of LA who is 6'10 coming in.  3 guards(2 of which have started this yr) and Grimes coming back who just had another double/double against your boys tonite.  Hutson is heads above Terry at in game coaching and has put a product on the floor that is exciting to watch!  The Dogs will be fine!!   

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

2 hours ago, TheDogSnake said:

First of all, they only had two 3 yr players, the other Braxton Huggins(torched you tonight) was a transfer from NMSU and has only played here this year!  I think the Dogs will be just fine next year...2 Pac 12 transfers, Seeley(6'8) from Utah and Campbell from Oregon State.  They also have a 7'1 center redshirting this year and have a top 15 center out of LA who is 6'10 coming in.  3 guards(2 of which have started this yr) and Grimes coming back who just had another double/double against your boys tonite.  Hutson is heads above Terry at in game coaching and has put a product on the floor that is exciting to watch!  The Dogs will be fine!!   

Taylor, Bittner, Grimes.

You got anything else you want to be proven wrong about while youre trying to educate everyone?

3 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

After 20 years of mediocrity/suckage, you would think most UNLV fans would come back down to reality with their expectations. 

And to think, even with those 20 years of suckage, UNLV has still gone just as far in the tournament as Fresno State has ever been. Go figure. 

12 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

And to think, even with those 20 years of suckage, UNLV has still gone just as far in the tournament as Fresno State has ever been. Go figure. 

Your point being? You won’t see Fresno fans consistently crying and pretending that we should be contending for a national title with a more than half empty arena. 7 straight isn’t an anomaly. It’s the new norm. Learn to accept reality. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

5 hours ago, Jersey Rebels said:

Gotta love UNLV fan talking shit after losing for the SEVENTH GAME IN A ROW to Fresno!! (Let that sink in.)

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

8 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

After 20 years of mediocrity/suckage, you would think most UNLV fans would come back down to reality with their expectations. 

I don't think it's too much to ask to be competitive against the upper echelon of the conference in year 3. This should be remedied after the MWC tournament.

When you start finding positives in 17 & 18 pt losses on your home court, it’s time to move in a different direction. There’s no way anyone can defend the product that’s being rolled out at the T&M and not call it anything other than an embarrassment. I’ve been a die hard Rebel fan since 1983 and I’ve got to the point to where I could care less if they win or lose and have only watched 2 games this seasons and both were on TV. I wouldn’t waste the $5 in gas that it would take to drive out to the T&M even if the tickets were in Gucci Row and free.

2 hours ago, BSC said:

If there is one team Hudson likes beating more than any other it would be UNLV.

I still have a big problem with Rice not turning the defense over to Hutson when he was an assistant here, and giving it to Shroyer instead. Why bring Hut in if you're not going to use his strengths? And Shroyer?? Idiotic. 

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

I still have a big problem with Rice not turning the defense over to Hutson when he was an assistant here, and giving it to Shroyer instead. Why bring Hut in if you're not going to use his strengths? And Shroyer?? Idiotic. 

So true.  Between assistant coaches, players, aau coaches, hangers on, etc. Dave got pushed around way too easy.  The whole Hutson fiasco should have really opened more eyes than it did when it happened.  

3 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

When you start finding positives in 17 & 18 pt losses on your home court, it’s time to move in a different direction. There’s no way anyone can defend the product that’s being rolled out at the T&M and not call it anything than embarrassing. I’ve been a die hard Rebel fan since 1983 and I’ve got to the point to where I could care less if they win or lose and have only watched 2 games this seasons and both were on TV. I wouldn’t waste the $5 in gas that it would take to drive out to the T&M even if the tickets were in Gucci Row and free.

This is exactly my point when I say just play the young guys. At least hed have a built in excuse. 

Plus, playing seniors, getting blown out late in the year and people want you fired anyway. Pretty much too late now, but could have gotten a jump on next season.

1 hour ago, Ernie Baer said:

So true.  Between assistant coaches, players, aau coaches, hangers on, etc. Dave got pushed around way too easy.  The whole Hutson fiasco should have really opened more eyes than it did when it happened.  

Shroyer was the death knell for Dave. If he was never here it could have looked completely different. Losing Hutson because of that pompous bully was the final nail in the coffin of the Rice era. Dave brought it on himself which is just another reason that he is incapable of being a HC at any significant level.