Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Ranking the MWC Football Schedules

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I would have put Utah State in the #1 spot. 

at Wake Forest

at San Diego State

at LSU

at Air Force

at Fresno

vs. Boise 

vs. BYU

From the easiest to the hardest. All without our three best WR, a very good RB, an NFL te, 4/5 OL, and a virtually all new coaching staff. Going to be an interesting year. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Boise's schedule definitely isn't what it could have been with Florida State. Maybe they'll be better, and BYU could be, as well. But we have a very unbalanced cross-division rotation, so we definitely have the easier side of it this year.

10 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

Boise's schedule definitely isn't what it could have been with Florida State. Maybe they'll be better, and BYU could be, as well. But we have a very unbalanced cross-division rotation, so we definitely have the easier side of it this year.

Yeah, Boise's schedule looks weaker than it has been. Utah State will be down from this year and they miss both Fresno and SDSU. They really need Florida State to rebound, BYU should be better but their record might not be. Hopefully Marshall ends up being a 10+ win team. 

I'll agree that on paper UNM's schedule may be the softest but it's not as soft as the NSN say it is. Liberty was bowl eligible win wise in it's first year of FBS and hired former Ole Miss HC Hugh Freeze who had them ranked #1 for a couple of weeks and knocked off Bama in back to back years.

UH and UNLV may have 3-4 win seasons with their schedules.

48 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

I'll agree that on paper UNM's schedule may be the softest but it's not as soft as the NSN say it is. Liberty was bowl eligible win wise in it's first year of FBS and hired former Ole Miss HC Hugh Freeze who had them ranked #1 for a couple of weeks and knocked off Bama in back to back years.

UH and UNLV may have 3-4 win seasons with their schedules.

Liberty had 4 wins against FBS competition and one win against an FBS team with a winning record (very nice win over Troy). You don't get points for scheduling them.

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

Liberty had 4 wins against FBS competition and one win against an FBS team with a winning record (very nice win over Troy). You don't get points for scheduling them.

Not saying we do, just saying they are not an FCS quality school like the author says they are.

14 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I would have put Utah State in the #1 spot. 

at Wake Forest——Arizona

at San Diego State——San Diego St

at LSU——Washington 

at Air Force——Air Force

at Fresno——Fresno

vs. Boise——Boise St.

vs. BYU——Army

I still put Hawaii at #1.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:49 PM, kingpotato said:

FB_IMG_1549632943620.jpg

Let me guess. That photo was taken recently at a lake near Albuquerque and Loboblast was at the helm?

I don't have much quarrel with anything in the article except CSU. Lately, CU has owned the Rams, Arkansas will be loaded for bear to host the Rams after choking the opener away at Ft. Collins last year and although Toledo had a bad 2018, that is one of the 3-4 best football programs in the MAC. The writer also fails to note reasons why SDSU in Ft. Collins will be no picnic. One is the Aztecs play there coming off a bye week. Most significant is Rocky won't forget CSU's beatdown win on national TV at Qualcomm a few years ago and prior to that, SDSU had defeated the Rams five consecutive times.

The wheels came off for CSU last season so they won't go 3-9 again but if they finish better than 5-7 I'll be surprised.

Boom goes the dynamite.