Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Green New Deal

I don't really have any plans on wading into this debate but I came across this bit of news that I thought was pertinent to this discussion and didn't know if it had already been posted in the thread.( I hadn't seen it but haven't read it all)

Apparently the FAQ that was mentioned in the OP wasn't approved by anyone and was released by staffers and lots of the crazier parts of it aren't a part of the GND. A rookie mistake as the branding has already taken off with these things being used to attack it.(again not claiming it doesn't have parts that need attacking)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/11/ocasio-cortez-retracts-erroneous-information-about-green-new-deal-backed-by-democratic-candidates/?utm_term=.2e0106f7d3ac

9 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I don't really have any plans on wading into this debate but I came across this bit of news that I thought was pertinent to this discussion and didn't know if it had already been posted in the thread.( I hadn't seen it but haven't read it all)

Apparently the FAQ that was mentioned in the OP wasn't approved by anyone and was released by staffers and lots of the crazier parts of it aren't a part of the GND. A rookie mistake as the branding has already taken off with these things being used to attack it.(again not claiming it doesn't have parts that need attacking)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/11/ocasio-cortez-retracts-erroneous-information-about-green-new-deal-backed-by-democratic-candidates/?utm_term=.2e0106f7d3ac

I believe it was sent out by her Chief of Staff to all of the various news outlets.  I think the blowback has caused her to back down and claim it wasn’t approved. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I believe it was sent out by her Chief of Staff to all of the various news outlets.  I think the blowback has caused her to back down and claim it wasn’t approved. 

Regardless, these discussions were obviously taking place behind closed doors. So whether or not the content was approved for public consumption, it provides a good lens on how Team AOC thinks and operates. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

13 minutes ago, mugtang said:

This. She’s learned from Trump, “I never said what you all clearly heard me say.”

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

19 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So "staff"?:D Not claiming she didn't back down after getting beat up but it appears this wasn't something that was approved by lets of democrats. The thing that other democrats are talking about wasn't the FAQ.

Also the explanation/backtract on the "unwilling to work" at the end of the article was an interesting wrinkle. Not supporting it but it is more interesting and nuanced than welfare for whoever doesn't want to work.

28 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Well, first she claimed the republicans were making it up. Then when she figured out the media wouldn't carry the water for her on that, she said "I didn't really mean all that stuff, it was a mistake" 

12 minutes ago, tspoke said:

So "staff"?:D Not claiming she didn't back down after getting beat up but it appears this wasn't something that was approved by lets of democrats. The thing that other democrats are talking about wasn't the FAQ.

Also the explanation/backtract on the "unwilling to work" at the end of the article was an interesting wrinkle. Not supporting it but it is more interesting and nuanced than welfare for whoever doesn't want to work.

The other democrats hadn’t seen the proposal she released when they endorsed it, they absolutely were talking about the FAQ. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

As much as I dislike McConnell...this is going to be glorious. 

Way to go Cocaine Mitch. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Way to go Cocaine Mitch. 

What a glorious asshole!  I love it. @ David Cameron this is how you call votes to make a political point - in forums you know you can't lose!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

What a glorious asshole!  I love it. @ David Cameron this is how you call votes to make a political point - in forums you know you can't lose!

He’s going to make these people go on record to support a government takeover of the economy or not.  It’s going to be glorious. 

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

He’s going to make these people go on record to support a government takeover of the economy or not.  It’s going to be glorious. 

The senator who wrote it with AOC is not happy.

8 hours ago, happycamper said:

9 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Who doesn’t like cocaine Mitch? Fire Mugtang!

10 hours ago, mugtang said:

Way to go Cocaine Mitch. 

This is the difference between a real politician and dumbasses.  Mitch is the man of the decade, he has achieved more than Obama or Trump.  He might be the difference in winning the house and senate next election.   This could destroy the democratic presidential candidates.

This will drive a wedge in the democratic party.  Right now 75% of democrats hate AOC and Markey.  This will cost people elections.   Democratic party politics is all about moving in lockstep and this is a huge hole in their phalanx.   There is no tea party or 3 kinds of spend and tax  versions of democrats like their are republicans.   They all stick together and this is hateful and just shows you AOC and this Markey guy have no understanding of politics.   They might have just crippled their whole party for years.

Mitch making this move is fucking brilliant.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:41 AM, tspoke said:

Now AOC knows why Klobuchar cracks the whip so hard on her staff. :foottap:

Posted Image

On 2/9/2019 at 9:20 PM, soupslam1 said:

No one in government is working for free except for Trump. He must be the government onto himself. 

You seriously think he's working for free?  Damn those blinders you wear are thick!

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism