Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Extra Mayo

2019 Mountain West Conference Softball

Funny how perspective changes.....

I thought this was probably the dumbest thread ever.  Then I found out we were good.  Oh, hell yeah let's talk about softball!!

Let's roll ladies.

14 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Looks like CSU is running away with the conference title. 

20 game winning streak ended yesterday with a 2-1 defeat at Sparty.  Rams are now 11-1 in MWC play.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:46 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

20 game winning streak ended yesterday with a 2-1 defeat at Sparty.  Rams are now 11-1 in MWC play.

Rebels won last night in FOCO to give the Rams their first home loss.  Rebs have a good team but, obviously not as good as the Rams.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:39 AM, Meister_Rebel said:

Rebels won last night in FOCO to give the Rams their first home loss.  Rebs have a good team but, obviously not as good as the Rams.

Rams won on Saturday and Sunday over UNLV and still lead the race.

CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
Colorado State 13-2 0.867 31-6 0.838 W2
San José State 7-5 0.583 27-14 0.659 L1
Nevada 7-5 0.583 22-16 0.579 W1
UNLV 8-6 0.571 27-11 0.711 L2
Boise State 6-6 0.500 26-8 0.765 W3
San Diego State 7-8 0.467 19-22 0.463 W1
Fresno State 5-7 0.417 26-14 0.650 L1
Utah State 4-10 0.286 13-22 0.371 L3
New Mexico 2-10

Rams maintained a 3 game lead in the loss column with a 2-1 series win over Nevada.  It's not over yet but the Fat Lady was seen picking up some sheet music.

2019 Softball Standings
SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
Colorado State 15-3 0.833 33-7 0.825 W2
San José State 9-6 0.600 29-15 0.659 W2
Boise State 8-7 0.533 28-9 0.757 W2
Fresno State 8-7 0.533 30-14 0.682 W3
Nevada 8-7 0.533 23-18 0.561 L2
UNLV 9-8 0.529 28-13 0.683 L2
San Diego State 7-8 0.467 19-22 0.463 W1
Utah State 4-13 0.235 13-25 0.342 L6
New Mexico 3-12 0.200 12-31 0.279 L2

Loose translation:

Colorado State.  Your superior Lifestyle  has brought you another MWC Championship.  This time it's softball.  How come I never get to sing for that God forsaken school in Laramie?  

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

A three-run bomb with 2 out in the top of the 7th and then this.  The Fat Lady is in the building.

My daughter was pestering me to make dinner with her, so I shut the game down right at the top of the 7th.  I figured we were done and would try again tomorrow.  Damn, I wish I had watched that final inning.

I'll be surprised if we take the series though.  Boise is good, and our ladies are going to have a hard time playing at the top of their game after all the drama of the last two days...with nothing left to gain.

4 minutes ago, Cincy said:

I guess, and Fresno just swept a 3 game series and finished ahead of Boise. 

yeah, UNLV finished ahead of boise in both conference and non con, won the series against them, and had 2 wins over Stanford. :shrug:

well, good luck to both teams.

4 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

yeah, UNLV finished ahead of boise in both conference and non con, won the series against them, and had 2 wins over Stanford. :shrug:

Something ain’t jiving. 

8 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Boise had the highest RPI of any MWC team heading into the final weekend of play.  It as if the committee ignored the Fresno sweep of Boise in the final weekend.  And a couple of teams with lower RPIs than UNLV were given at-large bids.  

Even after being swept by Fresno, Boise State ended up with the best RPI other than CSU of the rest of the MWC teams. They played a solid nonconference schedule and went 18-2. Still even the coaching staff and players were surprised they were selected. They didn’t even bother having a selection show watch party and found out after the fact. 

Regardless I don’t see them going far. They don’t have a dominant pitcher which is why they floundered in conference. 

24 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Even after being swept by Fresno, Boise State ended up with the best RPI other than CSU of the rest of the MWC teams. They played a solid nonconference schedule and went 18-2. Still even the coaching staff and players were surprised they were selected. They didn’t even bother having a selection show watch party and found out after the fact. 

Regardless I don’t see them going far. They don’t have a dominant pitcher which is why they floundered in conference. 

I was listening to our local ESPN radio station yesterday and the guy was talking about how Texas A&M got an at large bid, despite going something like 6-18 in SEC play.  I think they were 25-22 overall.  They finished dead last (13th place) in the SEC and lost the play-in game to get into the SEC Post Season Tournament.  They didn't even play in the post season tournament,.

13 hours ago, Cincy said:

I was listening to our local ESPN radio station yesterday and the guy was talking about how Texas A&M got an at large bid, despite going something like 6-18 in SEC play.  I think they were 25-22 overall.  They finished dead last (13th place) in the SEC and lost the play-in game to get into the SEC Post Season Tournament.  They didn't even play in the post season tournament,.

Third year in a row where all 13 SEC teams earned bids to the NCAA's.  Every. Single. One.  If Vanderbilt ever decided to sponsor softball it would be 14/14.