Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stealthlobo

OT - New Mexican chile "Christmas"?

On 2/8/2019 at 6:10 PM, Chile_Ute said:

There needs to be clarification.  Xmas is not mixed chile...it’s your dish smothered half red and half green.  Kind of inbred jackarses are ya?!

I thought there might have been some confusion there too but never clarified.... It's like having 2 separate dishes on one plate. 

22 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

My favorite dish is carne adovada which is pork marinated in red chile made from blended chile pods. It is the absolute best. 

Adovada is my favorite thing.... Had it for the first time when I went to spring training in az(a legit new Mexican place in Phoenix) later tried to figure out what it was and realized it was a nm style. Have it whenever I get the chance(multiple spring trainings and new Mexico bowls) 

2 hours ago, Chile_Ute said:

I need to do that too...been saying that awhile.

@LoboSage — you’ll definitely know when Chile Ute walks into your shop. He’s kind of hard to miss.

Distinguished_Ute_Fans.png

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

15 hours ago, Chile_Ute said:

I need to do that too...been saying that awhile.

I was on a motorcycle trip with buddies, and LoboSage’s shop was on the route if you want to go to Fenton Lake, or north to Valles Caldera, or Bandalier National Forest. A beautiful fantastic drive, made even better on motorcycle!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 2/7/2019 at 8:14 AM, Stealthlobo said:

So growing up in Albuquerque you always got asked red or green, and that's it right? We'll the last decade or so I've been living in Hawaii and Colorado with a few scattered trips back home always having to eat new Mexican food.

Anyways, I'm in town now and every restaurant I go to everyone around us is always ordering their Chile "Christmas".  Is this a thing now? Back in the day it was only tourists or the rare local that ordered it. Now it seems everyone is getting it. Just weird to me, heh.

In NM, you always get asked "red or green".  Responding "Christmas" is not a new thing.  It has always been a valid response.  As was posted, ordering your chile Christmas just means half your dish is smothered in green and half is smothered in red.  It is not "two separate dishes".