Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

Slightly OT: Most searched pro sports team by state or province.

Hot off the press.  Google search trends averaged over the past 5 years for professional sports teams by state or province.

Check out Nevada eh.  The only state with an NHL team as most searched.  Then again the VGK are the only pro team in the market.  Can't say there are any big surprises other than the Blue Jays in Ontario where I would've expected the Maple Leafs to be the most searched.  The biggest surprise of all is Idaho.  I would've thought @Jeffkills Google search history alone would've landed the Cowboys at the top of list.

image.thumb.jpeg.e0962e972af0bbaad5a1afb3c4957c12.jpeg

5 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Bunch of turds in Idaho like Seattle for some unknown reason...

I guess they just don't bandwagon at the same level you do??? :shrug:

Nevada is fairly explainable, as you pointed out, since the Army, I mean Las Vegas Golden Knights are the only top level pro team in the state until the Oakland Felons finish the move. 

However, I am surprised the Golden Knights out paced the Raiders.

12 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Bunch of turds in Idaho like Seattle for some unknown reason...

Yeah, they've become the de facto home team. Though in fairness, it is the closest NFL city by over a hundred miles (SF is second, Denver is third). But yeah, way too many Seattle fans around here.

Edit: That's from Boise, of course. Different story from other parts of the state, but who cares about those areas...

9 hours ago, Slapdad said:

How is being a Cowboys fan bandwagony at all? They haven't been good in 25 years. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

19 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

How is being a Cowboys fan bandwagony at all? They haven't been good in 25 years. 

Jeff isn't 10 years old you know. I would wager that when he was young, the Cowboys were good, so that became his team. 

2 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Jeff isn't 10 years old you know. I would wager that when he was young, the Cowboys were good, so that became his team. 

So he’s a bandwagon because he kept cheering them on through the bad years?? Isn’t that the very definition of die hard? If he were a bandwagon fan, he’d now be a patriots fan. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

16 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

If you lived in Vegas, where the vast majority of the State is, you wouldn't be.

I expect it to switch when the Raiders actually get here though.

17 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Nevada is fairly explainable, as you pointed out, since the Army, I mean Las Vegas Golden Knights are the only top level pro team in the state until the Oakland Felons finish the move. 

If you drive the roads and freeways here you see VGK stickers all over and seems every other vehicle has them - Raiders stickers (as of 2/2019) aren't even 10% of the VGK stickers and clothing 

Think the VGK will rule Vegas as they are new and totally OUR team...........lot's of people have NFL allegiances to other NFL teams so I don't see the Raiders dominating this market, plus after the Raiders moves from Oakland to Los Angeles to Oakland to Las Vegas are almost a regional team.

8 hours ago, madmartigan said:

So he’s a bandwagon because he kept cheering them on through the bad years?? Isn’t that the very definition of die hard? If he were a bandwagon fan, he’d now be a patriots fan. 

Seahawks are the official bandwagon team now. Good post. 20 years ago there were very few seahag fans. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

20 hours ago, madmartigan said:

So he’s a bandwagon because he kept cheering them on through the bad years?? Isn’t that the very definition of die hard? If he were a bandwagon fan, he’d now be @Jalapeno

fify

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 2/6/2019 at 11:54 PM, Slapdad said:

No, they're much worse, and those Seattle uniforms are just hideous.

I only root for Boise and Dallas..

All other teams and sports realy mean nothing to me..

On 2/7/2019 at 6:49 AM, Dimwhit said:

Yeah, they've become the de facto home team. Though in fairness, it is the closest NFL city by over a hundred miles (SF is second, Denver is third). But yeah, way too many Seattle fans around here. 

Edit: That's from Boise, of course. Different story from other parts of the state, but who cares about those areas...

Preach!  Before they got jobbed by Shitzburgh, nobody around here ever gave a shit about Seattle..

On 2/7/2019 at 8:24 AM, Wyovanian said:

Along with a turd who likes Dallas for some reason. Conclusion- Idaho is full of turds.

Lol!

My parents married and lived in DFW for years before moving to Boise right before I was born - they were both fans.

But yes, Idaho has many turds..

On 2/7/2019 at 9:48 AM, madmartigan said:

Obvious, but astute noetheless...

On 2/7/2019 at 10:13 AM, Slapdad said:

I became a fan during the 1991 season when I was 9...  I came into the bedroom where my dad was watching football, and I asked him, "who are you rooting for?"  He replied, "the Cowboys."  I responded, "Me too.."  I then watched all the games with him each Sunday learning about and rooting for the Cowboys.  After Barry Sanders snake oil stole that '91 divisional game, I was crying like a little bitch...  To ease my pain, my dad straight up promised me we'd win the SB the following year. 

Just like magic, my dad's promise held up, as we preceded to win the next 3/4 SB's.  

Been die-hard since.. 

On 2/7/2019 at 12:45 PM, madmartigan said:

This.

I cheer, yes, but I always curse and denounce them at the end of each year...

Many times I've promised to be totally done with them, but I always relapse and watch the fu/cking Cowboys, live - commercials and all....

Ah well, it's always entertaining, and we do love our Boise guys!

New-Signature.jpg