Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

AAF Games

15 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

I liked it. The SD/SA game was a bit on the boring side, but it was over in just over 2 1/2 hours. That's a plus. I do like some of the rule changes. I was hoping SD could score toward the end so we could see the onside conversion attempt. Love ditching the extra points, and I definitely want to check out an overtime game. Those rules are intriguing.

All-in-all...more football is good.

I agree with you, but I do miss the kickoffs. Running back a kickoff for a TD is one of the most exciting plays in football. But I have a feeling the NFL and NCAA will eventually get rid of it as well in an effort to reduce concussions and other serious injuries. 

Sunday AAF games - 

Memphis @ Birmingham 1:00 pm PT (CBS SportsNet)

Salt Lake @ Arizona 5:00 pm PT (NFL Network)

12 minutes ago, crixus said:

I agree with you, but I do miss the kickoffs. Running back a kickoff for a TD is one of the most exciting plays in football. But I have a feeling the NFL and NCAA will eventually get rid of it as well in an effort to reduce concussions and other serious injuries. 

I agree, but with the changes made to kickoffs, runbacks are too rare. It's mostly touchbacks now. Getting rid of them is interesting. Don't know how I'll like it long-term, but I'm interested to see this play out.

they have TV deals with CBS (Championship game), CBS Sports Network, NFL Network, and TNT...that's an impressive lineup for their first season. They are giving their players two and three year contracts so they seem to want to be around for awhile.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

It's 'Memphis Day' on CBS Sports. Memphis vs UConn followed by Memphis vs Birmingham AAF football at Legion Field.

I'm curious to see how Memphis' team looks with Mike Singletary...looks like about 19,000 at Legion Field

mem skyline sig.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

No offense but...

Seriously, Memphis has no offense. 

so it's a typical Mike Singletary team lol...that 4th and short should have been a QB sneak. Hanckenberg is 6"4 219...RUN HIM UP THE GUT!

Legion Field filled in a little...looks more like 20,500 there now.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

19 minutes ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

Any know where the box scores are?  Or is not actually having stats considered an "innovation" ?

Download their app. They aired an game time commercial advertising their app for live stats and action. 

Not sure what to think. If it truly becomes a minor league for the NFL, then I'm not sure who the consumer is. The minor leagues are fun to watch in person but how many games do you watch on TV? AAA baseball? G League? American Hockey League? It is fun to go to a game, but if it comes up on TV, I'd rather watch curling.

19 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Not sure what to think. If it truly becomes a minor league for the NFL, then I'm not sure who the consumer is. The minor leagues are fun to watch in person but how many games do you watch on TV? AAA baseball? G League? American Hockey League? It is fun to go to a game, but if it comes up on TV, I'd rather watch curling.

They pay more than the CFL, they have a solid TV contract line up, and honestly the only thing I don't like is the start date. I would start it the last week in February simply for weather reasons.

if attendance is any indication then they're off to a solid start.

mem skyline sig.jpeg