Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

A BIG F U to the Gays from the wyo legislature.

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Do we have to have a law and regulate everything in existence? I would bet half the laws on the books aren’t being enforced yet we continue to add more all the time. Not only that, but people always find ways to circumvent most laws. 

I have nothing against gay people. I’m just sick of the government sticking their nose into everything we say and do. 

Your alarmist attitude is disingenuous.  Adding LGBT to the protected classes is not an example of "regulat[ing] everything in existence".  Your aversion to adding a necessary and reasonable law is silly.  Nothing motivates a person to seek government relief faster than being denied your rights as a citizen because of another's prejudice or ignorance.

It costs nothing, and it allows victims recourse to redress their grievances. That's quintessentially American.  Why you put your disdain over "regulations" ahead of another's rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is something you'll have to address within yourself.

If you were being denied housing, a job, or job promotion simply because of ignorance or prejudice, I'd wager you'd want change as well.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

The Republican party seriously veered off course when they decided to become this supposed guardian of moral behavior clan. Barry Goldwater's vision for the party is long gone unfortunately. It's time to face reality, the LGBT debate is long over and the more the GOP continues to go down this road of legislating sexual behavior, the more out of touch and irrelevant they will become. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I thought she compared sex with her husband to bestiality?

Seriously, Ms. Hutchings is one of a handful of far-right, tea party types that we have in our legislature.  Every state has them. 

The World Needs More Cowboys!

On 2/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, soupslam1 said:

Do we have to have a law and regulate everything in existence? I would bet half the laws on the books aren’t being enforced yet we continue to add more all the time. Not only that, but people always find ways to circumvent most laws. 

I have nothing against gay people. I’m just sick of the government sticking their nose into everything we say and do. 

In some cases yes. Government stepping in to prevent discrimination in hiring practices is a good thing and a gottdamm American thing. Unless it has some direct bearing on the parameters of a specially designated occupation, say like being an employee of a religious, heritage*, or advocacy organization, employers should not be allowed to base employment on race, national origin, religion, age, gender, or sexual orientation. 

*By this I mean organizations that are to promote and celebrate cultural awareness. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I thought she compared sex with her husband to bestiality?

Seriously, Ms. Hutchings is one of a handful of far-right, tea party types that we have in our legislature.  Every state has them. 

I mainly made my post to update the thread on the next part of this story. She does suck and I know some of the gop reps that do not hold these views. 

2 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I mainly made my post to update the thread on the next part of this story. She does suck and I know some of the gop reps that do not hold these views. 

This legislation that she was opposing was sponsored by a gop rep.  Kinda interesting.

On 2/7/2019 at 9:52 AM, tspoke said:

Ahh....I remember the day I chose to be straight. May 13th 1995. I was 13 years old. I woke up that day and looked in the mirror and thought" I have so many choices of who to be attracted to which should I choose? Should I make a choice that will make my harder or should I choose to make my life easier by conforming with most people and being attractive to women." I choose the easy way out but I don't regret it.

Bob do you remember the day you choose to be straight? Lets hear your story.

I remember my day as well.  It was June 14, 1958.  I was a baby in my mother's womb, 5 months from conception.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:41 AM, pokebball said:

This legislation that she was opposing was sponsored by a gop rep.  Kinda interesting.

Some additional facts have surfaced.  As a part of a social studies class, these kids were bused from their high school to the legislature.  This senator was specifically asked to meet and visit with these students and they specifically brought up the bill in question and challenged her on it.  The charge doesn't seem to be supported by the transcript.  Manufactured drama perhaps?

On 2/6/2019 at 3:02 PM, Bob said:

Religion is grandfathered in because it's been around since... the beginning of time.

I'm guessing homosexuality has been around longer than religion.

22 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Do you think homosexuality was more tolerated by the Neanderthals? 

It certainly is more tolerated by geese 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

28 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Female bi-sexuality was promoted & encouraged by the Neanderthals, while male homosexual was frowned upon.  Scientists are still carbon dating the bones of female homosexuals.

27 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Female bi-sexuality was promoted & encouraged by the Neanderthals, while male homosexual was frowned upon.  Scientists are still carbon dating the bones of female homosexuals.

LOL

I'd love to see a link supporting your claim that female bi-sexuality was promoted by neanderthals.

7 minutes ago, pokebball said:

LOL

I'd love to see a link supporting your claim that female bi-sexuality was promoted by neanderthals.

rule 34?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 hours ago, pokebball said:

Some additional facts have surfaced.  As a part of a social studies class, these kids were bused from their high school to the legislature.  This senator was specifically asked to meet and visit with these students and they specifically brought up the bill in question and challenged her on it.  The charge doesn't seem to be supported by the transcript.  Manufactured drama perhaps?

I haven't seen anything about a transcript. Do you have a link? The rest of those facts have been part of the story from the beginning, I don't see how it affects the story.

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

How do they know they’re homosexual bones?  Do they have homosexual DNA? I’m genuinely curious how they determined those are homosexual women.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

20 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I haven't seen anything about a transcript. Do you have a link? The rest of those facts have been part of the story from the beginning, I don't see how it affects the story.

I'll see if I can find the transcripts.  I heard this on the radio this morning.

I think knowing that the students seeked her out and engaged her specifically on her position on this bill adds context to the story that's pretty important.  It's important to know that she didn't approach and engage the students on this issue; just the opposite.

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

12 minutes ago, mugtang said:

How do they know they’re homosexual bones?  Do they have homosexual DNA? I’m genuinely curious how they determined those are homosexual women.  

I have no clue if there is a DNA marker for homosexualtiy.  I was responding to @soupslam1's ridiculous comment, with another ridiculous comment.