Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

A BIG F U to the Gays from the wyo legislature.

1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

This doesn't surprise me.  They really should be a federally protected class.

So...does wyo still try to call themselves the “Equality State?”

I’ve heard long ago that people that move to or live in Wyoming do so to minimize government in their lives. That doesn’t give them license to harass gays or any other group, but avoidance of government regulation is the mentality. Ive visited and worked in Wyoming a number of times and by and large they are self reliant, hard working, and a good group of people. 

40 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve heard long ago that people that move to or live in Wyoming do so to minimize government in their lives. That doesn’t give them license to harass gays or any other group, but avoidance of government regulation is the mentality. Ive visited and worked in Wyoming a number of times and by and large they are self reliant, hard working, and a good group of people.

Certain parts of the state are very lbgt friendly. Others are not and could really have used this ordinance. I'd rather live in Venezuela than be a gay man in Sheridan.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Tell that to the parents of:

Matthew Wayne Shepard 

December 1, 1976 – October 12, 1998

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Certain parts of the state are very lbgt friendly. Others are not and could really have used this ordinance. I'd rather live in Venezuela than be a gay man in Sheridan.

Casper didn’t really strike me as a very Gay-friendly place either...

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

Matthew Wayne Shepard 

Unfortunately those kind of things have happened in every state in the country and worse, more frequent, and government sanctioned in some Arab countries. To insinuate Wyoming is any worse is disingenuous. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Unfortunately those kind of things have happened in every state in the country and worse, more frequent, and government sanctioned in some Arab countries. To insinuate Wyoming is any worse is disingenuous. 

To insinuate wyo is as progressive as Calif is disingenuous.

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Wyoming is worse than a lot of other states. To suggrst otherwise is absurdly ignorant. Especially when you have no personal connection with the state. 

9 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Casper didn’t really strike me as a very Gay-friendly place either...

Casper is actually surprisingly gay friendly.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

15 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

The Dems opposed this legislation as well.  The bill was fairly watered down from previous attempts.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Wyoming is worse than a lot of other states. To suggrst otherwise is absurdly ignorant. Especially when you have no personal connection with the state. 

Casper is actually surprisingly gay friendly.

My experience, and I still live and work in Wyo, is that it's pretty much a live and let live attitude.

34 minutes ago, pokebball said:

My experience, and I still live and work in Wyo, is that it's pretty much a live and let live attitude.

My experience is that way in Casper,  Cheyenne,  Laramie,  Jackson... absolutely. 

In riverton,  Sheridan... not so much. 

It doesn't really seem to follow traditional conservative splits either.

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

My experience is that way in Casper,  Cheyenne,  Laramie,  Jackson... absolutely. 

In riverton,  Sheridan... not so much. 

It doesn't really seem to follow traditional conservative splits either.

I certainly can't speak for many of the communities in Wyo, because I've not spent much time in many to form an opinion.  I'm surprised to hear you mention Sheridan.  I spend quite a bit of time there and I don't see anything suggesting a lack of tolerance in diversity.

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

The Dems opposed this legislation as well.  The bill was fairly watered down from previous attempts.

¿Who brought the bill to the floor...the Libertarians or The Green Party?

20 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

¿Who brought the bill to the floor...the Libertarians or The Green Party?

A republican brought the bill in previous years and it failed each time.  This year, the same republican brought forward a watered down bill hoping it would have a better chance of passing.  Neither side was happy with it.

13 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Matthew Wayne Shepard 

Many students attending while this went down said that it was more about a shitty drug deal than being gay.  The victim knew his killers pretty well. 

3 hours ago, pokebball said:

The same could be said about Idaho, unless the issue comes up.  People aren't as overt with their prejudice as they used to be.  But the churches teach that homosexuality is a sin, and many take that to heart.

So the manifestation appears in lack of job opportunities and potential housing issues.  Gay people outside of Boise are definitely in the closet.  It's dicey for them to be open anywhere in Idaho.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism