Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Game Thread: SOTU 2019

17 minutes ago, mugtang said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA at Pelosi sitting there as Trump says we won’t support a regime that chants death to America and death to Israel.   

She should have called in sick.  She did look a bit constipated, but that's normal for her.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Well, he's only given two of them :P 

I was including his intial address to Congress in 2017 in that metric too.  But technically you’re correct. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, easybronc said:

Anyone seen RBG?

She was napping 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Other than his demagogic and provably false lies about immigration, it wasn't bad actually

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

6 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Other than his demagogic and provably false lies about immigration, it wasn't bad actually

I agree.  There’s a lot of common ground they can work together on.  Obviously it’s just words at this point so we will see what happens. 

36 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

What are the false lies on immigration?  

110926run_defense710.jpg

8 minutes ago, retrofade said:

What are people's thoughts on his claim that if he wasn't elected, we'd be at war with North Korea right now?

I don’t believe we’d be at war with North Korea.  But I do believe HRC would’ve escalated our involvement in Syria and possibly other areas. Trump’s relative non-interventionalist policy is one of his policies I really support.  

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I don’t believe we’d be at war with North Korea.  But I do believe HRC would’ve escalated our involvement in Syria and possibly other areas. Trump’s relative non-interventionalist policy is one of his policies I really support.  

Trump significantly ramped up interventionism through drone strikes and even military engagements in Syria though.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Trump significantly ramped up interventionism through drone strikes and even military engagements in Syria though.

Let me clarify this. I believe she would’ve sought regime change in Syria instead of focusing on ISIS.  

This one struck me as bizarre... not only due to the context and placement, but the grammar and syntax. It's almost as though it was drafted and inserted after the rest of the speech had been finalized.

An economic miracle is taking place in the United States — and the only thing that can stop it are foolish wars, politics or ridiculous partisan investigations.

If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation.

It just doesn’t work that way!

We must be united at home to defeat our adversaries abroad.

I mean, that's Nixon's statement that "one year of Watergate is too much", but taken a step or two further. 

1 hour ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

55 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

What are the false lies on immigration?  

Yeah I was curious too.  What are the "provably false lies about immigration"?

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Here's how that was actually supposed to go...

And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth: all children — born and unborn — are made in the holy image of God.

The final part of my agenda is to protect America’s National Security.

But instead, he decided to turn it into one of his trademark run-on sentences.