Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

Nevada at CSU. Could get bad for the Pack.

11 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

ha, Muss trying to cover for a late showboat that would not have any effect on the 'efficiency' factor, lol.

That's not really accurate tho. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

I didn't think it was that big of a deal.  If someone had gone in for a layup, no one would care.  But a dunk is poor sportsmanship.  

I hope we get these sissies in the MW tournament and hand them another 40 pt loss. 

CSU fans are a bunch of whiners. :crying:

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

There was an article I think on ESPN about the NET Efficiency standard was going to probably affect more games in February and we may see more games that are out of hand get more out of hand and late scores because of that standard. 

But to me you play hard the entire game.

C’mon you know it’s being douce to dunk and run up the score and humiliate your opponent in the last minute when the game is already won. Most teams just dribble out the possession clock. There is no need to rub salt into a wound. 

Boise State under Hawkins used to do that in football and I always thought it was classless. 

You play hard the whole game. If the people on the field or court can't do that, then maybe they shouldn't be playing. 

However with the new NET system, all those possessions count in the calculations they do for efficiency even though NET tops margin of victory at 10 I think. 

But it goes back to the team that is losing the narrative is they played hard and have good heart because they played the whole game. The team that is in the lead does it everyone berates them. A true double standard.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

C’mon you know it’s being douce to dunk and run up the score and humiliate your opponent in the last minute when the game is already won. Most teams just dribble out the possession clock. There is no need to rub salt into a wound. 

Boise State under Hawkins used to do that in football and I always thought it was classless. 

It depends on what the other team is doing. If they are guarding you hard, then you play hard.

When you have the ball and score- efficient.

When you have the ball and don't score- not efficient. 

This is all playing into the new metric. 

A couple days ago a coach whos team was losing by 12 I think, called a timeout with seconds left on the clock.  His team hit a three to lose by 9. His reasoning was it's better to lose by less than 10 and make every possession count.  

If you read the right ups about the NET rankings, it really seems that every offensive and defensive play factors. 

It's a work in progress and hopefully we'll get a better grasp of the methodology when they release the next set of rankings.