Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

Rosegreen’s Candidates to watch to replace Menzies.

2 hours ago, wyo 1 said:

What influence did Zimmermom have on the situation? Sorry I don’t know all the in’s and out’s UNLV, but was just curious what influence she had or was it just her son?

She along with all the other Rice nut huggers got super vocal about not firing Rice. And they made a big deal about losing out on Stephen if Rice was fired. It was just another case of, "But X recruit is coming, and we will lose him if we get rid of Rice." And they were painting Stephen out to be the savior of UNLV.

And that was followed by Rice being retained and then said recruit doing jack shit to help the team and then leaving after 1 year. 

Zimmerman was charmin soft and overrated. He played like a 3 star kid.

2 hours ago, BleedRed702 said:

She along with all the other Rice nut huggers got super vocal about not firing Rice. And they made a big deal about losing out on Stephen if Rice was fired. It was just another case of, "But X recruit is coming, and we will lose him if we get rid of Rice." And they were painting Stephen out to be the savior of UNLV.

And that was followed by Rice being retained and then said recruit doing jack shit to help the team and then leaving after 1 year. 

Zimmerman was charmin soft and overrated. He played like a 3 star kid.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Why do people keep harping on the past.  GET THE +++++ OVER IT!  I don’t even think about Dave Rice.  He got fired.  I survived.  I moved on.  IT’S +++++ING ANNOYING!

d2c3PdQ.gif?noredirect

4 hours ago, wyo 1 said:

What influence did Zimmermom have on the situation? Sorry I don’t know all the in’s and out’s UNLV, but was just curious what influence she had or was it just her son?

In a nutshell, when Tina let it be known that Rice might not be back, zimm’s mom (who was good friends with Rice, went to school with him at UNLV) sent out a few tweets about loyalty, and made it clear that if rice was terminated Zimm would not be coming to UNLV. Rice (and many others, btw) had been on this kid since the 8th grade, boosters and fans wanted him to stay home. 

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Why do people keep harping on the past.  GET THE +++++ OVER IT!  I don’t even think about Dave Rice.  He got fired.  I survived.  I moved on.  IT’S +++++ING ANNOYING!

PH the exact same thing will happen when the current BB and FB coaches are justly terminated. You will not even think about it, you will survive and move on. UNLV will hire new people, hopefully much better ones or they will hire the same old 3rd class type talent they have now and they will either improve or remain reprehensible.  I hope the rebs improve as Vegas should be an important city in the MWC.

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

In a nutshell, when Tina let it be known that Rice might not be back, zimm’s mom (who was good friends with Rice, went to school with him at UNLV) sent out a few tweets about loyalty, and made it clear that if rice was terminated Zimm would not be coming to UNLV. Rice (and many others, btw) had been on this kid since the 8th grade, boosters and fans wanted him to stay home. 

Thank you 

10 minutes ago, GoNMSUAggies said:

As an NMSU fan, I'd sooner trust Reggie Theus to accomplish that than Marvin Menzies.

As an NMSU fan,  i wouldn't give either more than a 1% chance at returning to Final Fours.  But i would trust the guy that had multiple winning seasons and NCAA tourneys in the WAC over the guy that struggled mightily for years to win games in the Big West if i had to flip a coin.

Have heard Thad Matta’s name frequently in the last week, I would think he’s the early favorite. Pitino’s name has NOT been mentioned lately because there are several quality candidates that are interested like Thad. 

Another interesting name I’ve heard is Jason Kidd who loves UNLV, wanted to committ to UNLV out of high school and was a big fan growing up. Would love to coach UNLV, that would be an interesting name hire.

12 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Have heard Thad Matta’s name frequently in the last week, I would think he’s the early favorite. Pitino’s name has NOT been mentioned lately because there are several quality candidates that are interested like Thad. 

Another interesting name I’ve heard is Jason Kidd who loves UNLV, wanted to committ to UNLV out of high school and was a big fan growing up. Would love to coach UNLV, that would be an interesting name hire.

just posted this on another thread..and i could see J Kidd wanting to coach here.

On 02/14/2019 at 11:50 AM, ph90702 said:

Marvin Menzies said UNLV will being going back to Elite Eights and Final Fours under his watch.

Only if he watches someone else do it.

Marvin has never won a postseason game.  It's very possible he never will.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama