Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

MWC 2nd Act Starts This Week

The 2nd half of the season starts this week. This is the last opportunity to see what each team has become after 3 months of teaching/learning, practicing and playing a wide variety of opponents.

Everyone has played each other at least once and some twice so the mystery of your opponents is long gone. It all comes down to how the players have developed, pregame planning being made by coaches and actual gametime X's and O's.

Current standings show most teams about where they were expected to be when conference play started. Reno at the top with San Jose at the bottom. Will there be any surprises coming over the next month? Will anyone shine beyond expectations.

16 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Everyone has played each other at least once and some twice so the mystery of your opponents is long gone.

This statement is not correct. BSU has not played unlv, Utah State, or new Mexico. Only play Utah State and new Mexico once later in the season and play unlv for the first time Wednesday night. 

3 hours ago, quickdraw said:

The 2nd half of the season starts this week. This is the last opportunity to see what each team has become after 3 months of teaching/learning, practicing and playing a wide variety of opponents.

Everyone has played each other at least once and some twice so the mystery of your opponents is long gone. It all comes down to how the players have developed, pregame planning being made by coaches and actual gametime X's and O's.

Current standings show most teams about where they were expected to be when conference play started. Reno at the top with San Jose at the bottom. Will there be any surprises coming over the next month? Will anyone shine beyond expectations.

I’d say USU is doing considerably better than its predicted 9th place finish.

31 minutes ago, utaggies said:

It’s good to see the Baggies bouncing back to where we need them to be. I’ve missed all the good Utah State fans who’ve been gritting through the post Stew era.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, utaggies said:

Hence the term "Most teams" and "when conference play started", not pre-season picks.

That's OK though. Just disregard this thread as I guess there is no reason to discuss the 2nd half season expectations. Maybe the conference just sucks so bad for all but the top 3 teams that we'd all rather just not think about how much worse it could get. I guess UNLV fans aren't the only one's just waiting for next year. :rimshot1:

2 hours ago, quickdraw said:

Hence the term "Most teams" and "when conference play started", not pre-season picks.

That's OK though. Just disregard this thread as I guess there is no reason to discuss the 2nd half season expectations. Maybe the conference just sucks so bad for all but the top 3 teams that we'd all rather just not think about how much worse it could get. I guess UNLV fans aren't the only one's just waiting for next year. :rimshot1:

What happens next year?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

HOPE.

It’s always darkest before the dawn. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

4th place thru 9th place are within 1.5 games. Come season end the battle for mediocrty could come down to a game or two. Win a game you are top half of the conference but lose one and you could be 8th or 9th. Excitement for a wholly unexpected reason.