Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwelish

Rick Pitino: “I’m only here for a short sabbatical”

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

It would be fantastic for the conference if UNLV could somehow land him. He's likely at the age where he's on his last job. As much as I like the Pack blowing out the Rebels, it's better to beat a Pitino led Vegas team. I've actually had lunch with him at a golf tournament. Very personable and obviously a great coach. It would be hard to convince me that he's done anything more than what other prominent coaches have done and not get caught. The Rebels should embrace the Tarkanian outlaw persona and throw the bank at him.

I appreciate well crafted backhanded compliments.  Good job.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

I appreciate well crafted backhanded compliments.  Good job.

2019 - UNLV hires Rick Pitino, starts signing four and five-star kids

2020 - UNLV makes the NCAA Tournament

2021 - UNLV makes Sweet 16 and Pitino retires

2022 - UNLV goes on NCAA probation and vacates 2021 season.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Just now, UofMTigers said:

2019 - UNLV hires Rick Pitino

I would guess the locals would embrace it. No one emembers USC and Reggie Bush vacating the 2005 season and the Heisman trophy. Vegas fans can dwell on it fondly for another 30 years.

3 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Pitino wouldnt be that dumb. If he gets another chance in the NCAA he'll work hard to repair what he can of his legacy.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

21 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

That’s exactly what would happen.  We would be the next SMU.

I find it rather alarming that most UNLV fans aren’t concerned about him having a national championship vacated.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I wouldn’t.

It's become clear you quite enjoy being a small fish in a small pond. If UNLV hired whoever Wyoming's coach is you would instantly talk yourself into him, become his biggest fan, and advocate he gets 8 years minimum for his process.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I find it rather alarming that most UNLV fans aren’t concerned about him having a national championship vacated.

Not sure why you are surprised.  Tark is a legend there.  Rules are for the weak ph. 

13 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

It's become clear you quite enjoy being a small fish in a small pond. If UNLV hired whoever Wyoming's coach is you would instantly talk yourself into him, become his biggest fan, and advocate he gets 8 years minimum for his process.

Wyoming’s coach is a disaster.  He inherited a good program and has destroyed it.

Guest RoscoesDad
2 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

2019 - UNLV hires Rick Pitino, starts signing four and five-star kids - GOES TO TOURNEY 1ST YEAR

2020 - UNLV makes the NCAA Tournament -- SWEET 16 2nd year

2021 - UNLV makes Sweet 16  SWEET 16 or BETTER.  Pitino retires

I'll take that.  At least I'd go back to some games and get semi excited about UNLV for a few years.  I'll be able to make a couple of NCAA tourney trips to sweet destinations like Omaha or Spokane.  Get fan interest and attendance back up.  Create a bunch of national news, as long as they talk about you is all that matters. Sometimes a well timed 'go big and then go on probation' run is worth the investment imo. 

18 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Look what Fish had vacated at Michigan. Nobody even talks about it.

3 hours ago, qwelish said:

Look what Fish had vacated at Michigan. Nobody even talks about it.

Yeah, I remember watching some SDSU on national tv telecasts and the announcers would almost always mention Michigan final four/Ship/Fab 5 etc. 

vacating records is sn absolutely meaningless gesture. 

I predict Rick Pitino will be the next coach at UNLV. He’ll take them to the Final Four in year one, the championship in year two and a return to the promised land in year three. After that third season, UNLV will wake up to an empty bed, an empty bank account and a missing toaster, possibly also a missing kidney. #StripperGirlfriend

2 hours ago, Poster17 said:

Yeah....what do they say, third times a charm?

I honestly dont know whats going to happen. 

I could see MM coming back. 

Some people seem pretty confident that he wont be back.