Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

The Why Home Depot Sucks Thread.

I seriously can’t stand the f’ing Home Depot. I never go there unless I have to do something I really don’t want to do and I can’t find a particular product anywhere else within a certain amount of time.

So this morning, I check their online inventory on a few items at the store that I need asap. Website says they have all the goods. So I pre-purchase the items to have them ready for pickup at customer “service” when I arrive so I don’t have to spend a minute longer in that sulfury pit of fire than I have to. 

Eventually I get the text that my order can’t be filled because one of the items isn’t in stock, although the f’ing website said they were. So I’m like, okay, I’ll go down and pick up the others. Made the order again and eventually drove the 30 minutes it takes to get to Satan’s lair.

So I get there and it takes about 15 minutes to finally make my way up to the front of the line at customer “service” ... they punch in all the shit on their POS system and tell me that so and so will go grab my goods and bring them to the pick up area where the contractors and lumber section is. I’m like, okay cool. See so and so there. 

After waiting another 30 minutes for my items, I’m throwing a fit. Then the so and so who was supposed to bring my shit up appears and says he left my stuff over in customer “service.” So I have to go back there and cart all my shit back to where I parked my truck. 

Unfingbelievable how mismanaged that place is. I was so pissed that I loaded my shit and got out of there as quickly as I could. I then phoned the store manager and let him have it. 

Do any of you have the same hate for that f’ing place? I’ve never once had what I could describe as a positive customer experience at any of their stores. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

That is quite the hill to die on, sir.  :D

I mean, how hard can it be to train your people and sync your inventory systems? It’s 20f’ing19 and SKUs are SKUs. 

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I mean, how hard can it be to train your people and sync your inventory systems? It’s 20f’ing19 and SKUs are SKUs. 

This is the same pandering ass company that installed parking spaces for Veterans. 

Recognize it is the Walmart for garage and yard boys and manage your expectations.  :cheers:

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

This is the same pandering ass company that installed parking spaces for Veterans. 

Recognize it is the Walmart for garage and yard boys and manage your expectations.  :cheers:

I’m not expecting the Ritz Carlton of retail ... just that they fulfill a basic retail function.

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’m not expecting the Ritz Carlton of retail ... just that they fulfill a basic retail function.

They hire anyone with a DD-214 or draws social security.  Basic is the ceiling.  Got to know that going in you just have to find it yourself and do the self-checkout.  And walking the aisles is where the fun is at anyways.

23 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Flagging this for toxic masculinity!!!!

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

I like Home Depot but I will agree that their web site sucks. However, considering how many items they carry, I'm not surprised inventory numbers get messed up even with all the modern SKU technology.

Now, about you ordering ahead and expecting someone else to be your "personal shopper" WTF!!!? See if they can find one of these for you:

Image result for vagina hat

31 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'm with you on this one... Lowe's is superior in every way. 

95% of the merchandise is the same, the stores are set up the same and I see zero difference in the number or quality of employees and the stores are mostly carbon copies of each other....but Lowe’s prices are a little higher most of the time. I can go into either store and find what I need with seeing any difference in the two. So.....how exactly is Lowe’s any better?? :shrug:

home depot service and business logistical implementation is so piss poor it's offensive to me as a human being.  need a terlet that's up top?  wait 4 hours for a durn forklift.  computer says they have 10 boxes of tile?  they have 2.

but it's the only game in town, so i go there all the time.

i love the selection and prices.

10 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

home depot service and business logistical implementation is so piss poor it's offensive to me as a human being.  need a terlet that's up top?  wait 4 hours for a durn forklift.  computer says they have 10 boxes of tile?  they have 2.

but it's the only game in town, so i go there all the time.

i love the selection and prices.

By the way, it is tawlet in Tennessee 

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Are you a woman?

Lowe's is to Target as HD is to Walmart.

Yeah, HD has more stuff but Lowe's is a more pleasant place to be.

What a freaking cry-baby commie!

Wah!  I can't order something and have it waiting for me.  Wah!  They don't put out a red carpet when I arrive and hold my hand while I find what I want.

Why didn't he just go to Lowe's then?   Isn't that what the choices are down to now? 

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism