Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Utah State

Obvious that UNLV just doesn’t have the horses right now to compete, but USU didn’t have them either last season... or so I thought. Essentially the same players, sans McEwen but with Queta (wash), and it’s a night and day team. Amazing what a good coach can do for a program. The rebel players are not listening to him, don’t respect him, and have quit on him. 

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

7 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

Obvious that UNLV just doesn’t have the horses right now to compete, but USU didn’t have them either last season... or so I thought. Essentially the same players, sans McEwen but with Queta (wash), and it’s a night and day team. Amazing what a good coach can do for a program. The rebel players are not listening to him, don’t respect him, and have quit on him. 

Queta will be a first rounder in 2020.  Mark it down.

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

I enjoyed that ass kicking. Channeling captain obvious here- Menzies ain’t it Rebels fans. Dump your coach! All the cool kids are doing it. 

I had been wondering what Menzies thoughts were heading into this one. He's got to feel like he's prepping to attend his own funeral every time he has to play in The Spectrum. The sad news is that half the people showed up today for an afternoon game as compared to Wednesday's night game versus SJSU. Who would ever thought that would be the case with USU & UNLV playing each other?

I was at the LV lights preseason game against Toronto FC. Sad thing was the pre-season minor league soccer product  in the rain had similar if not better turnout than most UNLV games this year, and was dam entertaining! 

The loss doesn't surprise me but like others have mentioned the total lack of competitiveness and possibly worst defense ever is very troubling. If Mediocre Marv comes back next year it MUST be with an ultimatum attached.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

Something that is bothering me is that I’m not seeing a lot of passion.  Some of the players seem to be content with losing.  I saw Coleman get pissed off multiple times, and that was a good sign.  Clyburn was laughing at one point.

41 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

What have you heard?

Thats coming from our coaching staff at CSU.  I'm sure they heard that from the USU staff. Don't forget that Medved and Smith are good friends.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Something that is bothering me is that I’m not seeing a lot of passion.  Some of the players seem to be content with losing.  I saw Coleman get pissed off multiple times, and that was a good sign.  Clyburn was laughing at one point

They quit on Marvin. They know he is getting canned.

I don't know about that but they definitely don't play as a team. More like a bunch of guys that meet up at a playground. I haven't seen a cohesive team about ever during Marv's reign. 3 different teams now over 3 years have all played the same way. The individuals on the team have more talent now than in year 1 but the games look exactly the same each year. There is suppossedly an offensive and defensive game plan that these teams haven't grasped yet according to Marv. Either the players are incapable of learning or Marv is incapable of teaching or they are playing what they learned and the plans are just crap. 

Whatever the answer is to that, the thing that is obvious is that this team and program are going nowhere. 3 more wasted years with maybe 1 or 2 more before someone hits the reset button AGAIN. Sad 

This is worse...much worse than Rice.

27 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

They quit on Marvin. They know he is getting canned.

I heard yesterday that DRF wants to wait until there is a new prez in place before she fires anyone. If true, I assume the reason is buyout negotiations and hiring process and salary of his replacement.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Im still trying to figure out where all the talent is on this team that people keep talking about and how people are shocked / surprised with these blowout loses. :shrug:

Same players and rotations since bucknell and afa.

Also wonder if Clyburn is still everyones fave Rebel. :hmmm:

5 hours ago, VincentVegaBond said:

If Mediocre Marv comes back next year it MUST be with an ultimatum attached.

What?   Must finish above .500 in MW play?  That would be good for a Unlv coach.  Just finish .500 in conference.  Keep your job?