Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Trump pushing this Bible in schools thing ....

The Bible shouldn't be taught as regular curriculum in public schools unless it is taught in equal parallel with other world religions and within the constraints of "this is what the _____ religion believes" rather than "this is the gospel truth." With all the issues the country has right now, spending time on something like this is a total WTF and there's no way he's going to get this passed:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-boosts-bills-teach-favorite-book-bible-public-schools-220638186.html 

So this leads me to ask ... does he really even care if this legislation gets approved or not? You have to think this is either just a ploy to distract from other controversies or a way to rally the Christian right. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

If you view his decisions with the understanding he is a narcissist who never had to answer to anyone in his professional life prior to becoming president,  many of his decisions make sense.  Combine that with the fact that intellectually he is in over his head on most topics, again because of his background and experience, and you are left with a bully who is scared to be exposed for who he is.  So on a daily basis he tries his best to control the news cycle and scream that he has done things that no other presidents have ever done, with exclamation marks!  Former staffers have basically said what we can all see play out in real time.  He constantly needs, craves, praise and adoration.  I think he is just a lonely man who is obsessed with winning reelection.  That is why he can't let go of the wall.  And he doesn't seem to get any smarter.  Today he is back to criticizing his intel chiefs.  Yes Trump,  those are the people that need to back to school, per your latest educated tweets.  Sigh...

One of his minions to Trump: "Mr. President, we've been getting complaints from the base that you've been spending all your time on the border wall while ignoring your campaign pledge of allowing more freedom of religion in public schools. Maybe you should consider advocating availability of Bibles if kids want them."

Trump: "Whats a Bible?"

Minion: "It's that book you find in a Marriott hotel room."

Trump: "A Marriott hotel? You mean that dump I once had to stay in when my flight was snowed in in Detroit? I stay at the Ritz so why should a Marriott matter?"

Minion: "Because your base can't afford to say at the Ritz?"

Trump: "Well NOW you're making sense! Make some notes about how important it is to me to have Bibles in schools and I'm get right on it."

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The Bible shouldn't be taught as regular curriculum in public schools unless it is taught in equal parallel with other world religions and within the constraints of "this is what the _____ religion believes" rather than "this is the gospel truth." With all the issues the country has right now, spending time on something like this is a total WTF and there's no way he's going to get this passed:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-boosts-bills-teach-favorite-book-bible-public-schools-220638186.html 

So this leads me to ask ... does he really even care if this legislation gets approved or not? You have to think this is either just a ploy to distract from other controversies or a way to rally the Christian right. 

Thats funny.  Do you know what that word gospel is in the phrase 'gospel truth'?  That refers to the first four books of the New Testament ... Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  I would hope that a course about the Bible would be teaching the gospel truth.

Just curious, who's view of the Bible should we be teaching in public schools?  His?  Mormons?  Catholics?  Southern Baptists?  Methodists?  Because it's so straight forward, there's no difference in opinions between Christians on interpretation right?

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

Just curious, who's view of the Bible should we be teaching in public schools?  His?  Mormons?  Catholics?  Southern Baptists?  Methodists?  Because it's so straight forward, there's no difference in opinions between Christians on interpretation right?

The states would decide for themselves what to teach.  I imagine the approved curriculum would be boiled down to a generalized overview designed to upset the least amount of people but the individual teachers might use some leeway and take some liberties in the classroom.  

16 minutes ago, easybronc said:

The states would decide for themselves what to teach.  I imagine the approved curriculum would be boiled down to a generalized overview designed to upset the least amount of people but the individual teachers might use some leeway and take some liberties in the classroom.  

OR, and here's a totally wild thought - they could just stick to teaching core subjects like math, science, etc...  And leave religion and the bible to the parents.

16 minutes ago, alum93 said:

OR, and here's a totally wild thought - they could just stick to teaching core subjects like math, science, etc...  And leave religion and the bible to the parents.

And to private religious schools. Want your kid to be exposed to religion in the classroom? Send him or her there.:USFlag:

Boom goes the dynamite.

20 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

And to private religious schools. Want your kid to be exposed to religion in the classroom? Send him or her there.:USFlag:

Even better.  That way you can really be sure they are teaching the Bible the way you want it done, not with some random teacher in a public school who may or may not care one bit about religion, much less what the Bible says or doesn't say.  And you aren't using tax dollars either.   Our educational system has enough challenges as it is.  

1 hour ago, easybronc said:

Or we could let the states decide what to teach their children with their tax money.

Oh how cute, another alt-Trumper who only believes in part of the First Amendment.