Nevada Convert

2019-2020 Nevada Starting 5

50 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

From Chris Murray’s mailbag last night. I agree with everything he said. I can see a grad transfer that’s a shooter. I don’t see them adding a grad transfer like Trey Porter or you’re just asking for Jordan Brown to transfer.

PG: Lindsey Drew/Jazz Johnson/JoJo Anderson

SG: Jalen Harris/Nisré Zouzoua

SF: Eric Parrish/Jalen Townswell

PF: Shamiel Stevenson (eligible in December)

C: Jordan Brown/K.J. Hymes

Plus, Nevada has four scholarships remaining. Add some shooting and another power forward and that's a solid lineup and the favorite to win the Mountain West.

Word was that Brown was happy Nevada got Porter. He thought it would allow him to play the 4, which he considers his natural position, rather than the 5.

15 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Word was that Brown was happy Nevada got Porter. He thought it would allow him to play the 4, which he considers his natural position, rather than the 5.

You’re correct.....yet how has that worked out for him? The recruiting pitch was he got Porter a natural center so you could play your NBA position of PF.

If they brought in another grad transfer like Trey Porter after the season why would the Brown camp think it’s different next year? Brown and Porter have probably played together a total of maybe 5 minutes this year. Muss likes having only 1 big on the floor, that won’t change magically next year. Thus if they brought in another grad transfer big next year it’s likely it’d cut into Browns minutes drastically again leaving it more likely he’d transfer.

I can see them absolutely adding a grad transfer for next season but I’m sure it’d be focused on a wing/PF or a shooter

7 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

You’re correct.....yet how has that worked out for him? The recruiting pitch was he got Porter a natural center so you could play your NBA position of PF.

If they brought in another grad transfer like Trey Porter after the season why would the Brown camp think it’s different next year? Brown and Porter have probably played together a total of maybe 5 minutes this year. Muss likes having only 1 big on the floor, that won’t change magically next year. Thus if they brought in another grad transfer big next year it’s likely it’d cut into Browns minutes drastically again leaving it more likely he’d transfer.

I can see them absolutely adding a grad transfer for next season but I’m sure it’d be focused on a wing/PF or a shooter

I agree. But I don't have an insight into what the Brown camp is thinking. I just know what he thought last year. This is why I am concerned he might transfer or declare, though. I don't think he will, because his goal is the NBA and a transfer means an extra year and his NBA stock isn't exactly high at the moment. But if he doesn't want to play the 5 and is worried that a transfer that would allow him to play 4 will eat into his minutes, then it does make some sense.

3 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

I’d wager Muss would prefer a 6’7-8”, 210-220 lbs guy who can dribble, shoot, run and play defense to a 6’10” who can’t do all of that (because those players are extremely difficult to find after abou 6’8”). His comments continuue to suggest he prefers positionless basketball, and there are already two 6’11” dudes on the team next season. 

My bad, I assumed when I said the 6'10" guy had to be athletic.  Meant he can run, jump, play defense, rebound... ala Cameron Oliver.  I don't want a 6'10 dud. I want another Oliver. 

I would love to have another Caroline, but man that is a lot of work for his type to guard 6'10 -7' on a continuous basis like last season. Many positives to a Caroline type player but it has been nice to see this season what a Porter type or Brown type player added to our team.