Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

It's much too early for this

Who would you think makes the MWC Championship game? I would like to see Nevada vs Fresno State assuming they are on opposite sides of the bracket. If Nevada gets upset before the final game then my choice would be Utah State vs Fresno State.

At this point, the odds have to be that it will involve some combination of those 3 teams. They have proven to be the best by pretty much every measurable. Of course anything can happen in a tourney and any team (except perhaps WYO and SJSU) could get hot at the right time and end up making it to the championship.

25 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Wolf Pack vs Aggies

Best chance for two MWC bids assuming Nevada gets to the conference title game

I'm hoping that either Utah State or Fresno dominates the rest of the way. They're both fringe bubble teams with similar resumes, a win against Nevada for either could give them a serious chance for an at-large. But they can't afford losses like Fresno just had. 

At this point Utah is ranked 37th on Kenpom and one of Lunardi's next four out. Hopefully they can come close to winning out. It would be nice to get 2 teams in again this season.

42 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Unless something goes sideways in the next month Fresno and Utah will be on the same side of the bracket so if Reno goes down their side of the bracket could be a surprise in the final.

Well, something will go sideways.  Bank on it.  Still though, it's going to be UNR with the regular season title and UNR with the tourney title and that will be our bid.  I just don't see USU or Fresno breaking any bubbles. 

Bummer, I was hoping for two bids.  I just don't see it though.

16 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Along those lines, now that we are a third of the way through the league season, how do you see the teams finishing? My guess?

UNR

Fresno State

Utah State

UNLV

SDSU

UNM

CSU

Boise State

Air Force

Wyoming

SJSU

After the first 3, it's just a crap shoot. Vegas is likely to lose the next 4 or 5. Boise has a tough schedule ahead but can beat anyone at home. SDSU can beat anyone at home and are probably going to be in the top 4 or five.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

15 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Would you rather be a 6/7 seed with an extra game to play vs. Wyoming or SJSU?  Or a 4/5 seed on Nevada's side of the bracket?

image.png.abeed8268c16121942996bcc4574da16.png

Good question. Assuming all the higher seeds advance in the tourney and the current overall records indicate seeding, would you rather play the 2/3 seeds(USU, FSU) two games in a row in the quarters and semis, or be a 4/5 and only play Nevada in the semis. I think it's not so cut and dry.

WYO/CSU vs UNM... hey, someone’s got to stick up for the front range schools! :P

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."