Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

The Longest Government Shutdown in Our History is Finally Over

14 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Wall aside, Trump has a lot of support for his policies in that part of the country, which was my point before you attempted to drag it down a rabbit hole. 

And I'm just saying a lot of folks in that part of the country also disagree with his policies.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

And I'm just saying a lot of folks in that part of the country also disagree with his policies.

Just like he has a lot of fans in blue parts of the country. Like I said, there's Republicans in San Francisco. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Just like he has a lot of fans in blue parts of the country. Like I said, there's Republicans in San Francisco. 

Not quit as radical though. Considering that SF is on e of the most tolerate city's in the US. On the liberal side all bets are off.

4 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Coulter said 35% of America will stick with him no matter what.   I’m sure they are scattered all over not just in the flyover states.  

I don't disagree but the full throated fans of Trump are in fly over states. I don't think you'll find to many those in CA or NY.

30 minutes ago, rudolro said:

I don't disagree but the full throated fans of Trump are in fly over states. I don't think you'll find to many those in CA or NY.

There's plenty in the Central Valley and up north in the rural areas. 

17 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

There's plenty in the Central Valley and up north in the rural areas. 

The ones I know are racist AF. They are few and far between. My stepfather was in in his corner but no more.

Edit: The ones I know don't go around arguing for him either. It's a very quite acknowledgement of him. Friends and family only.  I don't think you would ever see them on TV backing him if they were asked 

I take that back I know one person that would.

6 hours ago, edluvar said:

It amazes me Democrats are even in this discussion.  Border security, in the big picture, is not that big of a deal and what we have been doing works pretty well.  The only way to combat the problem is going after employers who hire illegal immigrants and hit them with yuge fines.   

Yeah it has worked so well we have anywhere from 11-30 million illegals in the country depending on which estimate you believe. 

Your second point is spot on, but you never hear a peep about that from any of our leaders. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah it has worked so well we have anywhere from 11-30 million illegals in the country depending on which estimate you believe. 

Your second point is spot on, but you never hear a peep about that from any of our leaders. 

There is over 330 million people in the US.   11-30 million is a pretty small number.  

Posted Image

10 hours ago, rudolro said:

The ones I know are racist AF. They are few and far between. My stepfather was in in his corner but no more.

Edit: The ones I know don't go around arguing for him either. It's a very quite acknowledgement of him. Friends and family only.  I don't think you would ever see them on TV backing him if they were asked 

I take that back I know one person that would.

Come visit Placer County in CA.   Plenty of Trump fans around here.  Placer county towns are often listed as the whitest in CA.  

On 1/25/2019 at 8:41 PM, pokebball said:

Your points do not include one thing, not one thing, the dems did to help solve this problem. They weren't elected to do nothing. Laying out everything the GOP did wrong is only half the problem man! The Dems didn't do anything to help this problem. That is a fact. They were elected to do something and they didn't.

They specifically ran against Trump's positions on immigration.

The only thing that the Dems could have done to help solve the problem would have been to cave and give into Trump's demands, which would have been terrible negotiating and embolden Trump to do this approach again in the future. How do I know this? Because they passed bills over and over again reopening parts of the government. First to reopen all of it, then they tried specifically reopening one agency at a time. McConnell did not allow them a vote in the Senate until the day before the shutdown ended.

The Dems did the only thing that they possibly could do: not negotiate with a terrorist taking the country hostage because he didn't like the Fox News coverage of him not getting his wall. 

The GOP had unified control of government for two years and did not fund his wall. Why on earth should the Dems give Trump the votes he was unable to get himself from his own party just because he threw a tantrum?

No. Trump owns this shutdown with an assist from McConnell for covering his butt by not allowing a vote on an IDENTICAL BILL that the Dems passed on their first day in office on January 3rd that passed by voice vote in the Senate before Trump's hissy fit.

10 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

They specifically ran against Trump's positions on immigration.

The only thing that the Dems could have done to help solve the problem would have been to cave and give into Trump's demands, which would have been terrible negotiating and embolden Trump to do this approach again in the future. How do I know this? Because they passed bills over and over again reopening parts of the government. First to reopen all of it, then they tried specifically reopening one agency at a time. McConnell did not allow them a vote in the Senate until the day before the shutdown ended.

The Dems did the only thing that they possibly could do: not negotiate with a terrorist taking the country hostage because he didn't like the Fox News coverage of him not getting his wall. 

The GOP had unified control of government for two years and did not fund his wall. Why on earth should the Dems give Trump the votes he was unable to get himself from his own party just because he threw a tantrum?

No. Trump owns this shutdown with an assist from McConnell for covering his butt by not allowing a vote on an IDENTICAL BILL that the Dems passed on their first day in office on January 3rd that passed by voice vote in the Senate before Trump's hissy fit.

You are saying a whole lot, but avoiding poke b-ball’s main point. What have the Democrats proposed as a comprehensive solution for the immigration problem? Personally I think they are afraid to offer any kind of solution because the American people won’t like what they are proposing. 

Incidentally, the Republicans haven’t been very forthcoming on this issue either other than wanting to secure the border which is more than the Democrats have advanced. The Dems seem to think the border is already secure which is disputed by the guys in the field. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

You are saying a whole lot, but avoiding poke b-ball’s main point. What have the Democrats proposed as a comprehensive solution for the immigration problem? Personally I think they are afraid to offer any kind of solution because the American people won’t like what they are proposing. 

Incidentally, the Republicans haven’t been very forthcoming on this issue either other than wanting to secure the border which is more than the Democrats have advanced. The Dems seem to think the border is already secure which is disputed by the guys in the field. 

Guy the Democrats have proposed a lot.  Billions on technology and people and fixing existing fences.  Sorry we don’t see the huge crisis the Republicans do.   Kinda like the environment for republicans.   

Posted Image

46 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Guy the Democrats have proposed a lot.  Billions on technology and people and fixing existing fences.  Sorry we don’t see the huge crisis the Republicans do.   Kinda like the environment for republicans.   

The democrats bill will no more fix the illegal immigration problem than Trump's bill.

The only solution is a private enterprise solution.   Fine employers and offer a reward to those who turn in employers who hire illegals.

Then we would need a real immigration reform bill to allow easy access for temp workers and the labor we need.

Of course democrats want no part of real immigration reform.

51 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

The democrats bill will no more fix the illegal immigration problem than Trump's bill.

The only solution is a private enterprise solution.   Fine employers and offer a reward to those who turn in employers who hire illegals.

Then we would need a real immigration reform bill to allow easy access for temp workers and the labor we need.

Of course democrats want no part of real immigration reform.

You think Democrats will be more adversely affected by fines because they employ more illegal immigrants?   I would have thought republicans would have.  Either way it would drive wages up which would be a good thing.  

Edit:  how would you handle the POTUS employing illegal immigrants?

Posted Image