Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Derek Carr challenges Kellerman/Stephen A Smith to fight

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Carr seems to have had his share of controversy in his short career. 

Smith and Kellerman are clowns.  That's their schtick.  Their reaction to Carr's retort proves that, right?  You wanna dish it out, you better be able to deal with the retort.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Carr is right though. Sports talking heads like SAS and Max don't understand the type of work he and other athletes go through on a daily basis yet they can say "well it looks like he quit". I've been following Derek's football career since he was in high school and one thing I can say about Carr is that he is definitely not a quitter.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Smith and Kellerman are clowns.  That's their schtick.  Their reaction to Carr's retort proves that, right?  You wanna dish it out, you better be able to deal with the retort.

I don’t really follow them that much although the opinion of most studio guys that have never played the game doesn’t carry much value. It kind of reminds me of the Jim Rome and Jim Everett confrontation. 

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I don’t really follow them that much although the opinion of most studio guys that have never played the game doesn’t carry much value. It kind of reminds me of the Jim Rome and Jim Everett confrontation. 

Yup.  Two morons talking. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

In a fight, my money is on Carr, incidentally. in all seriousness, ESPN has turned itself into Fox News/MSNBC/CNN of sports, with an endless run of blabbering talking heads who say outrageous crap to get attention. For the life of me, I can’t understand why anyone cares what any of them say.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

In a fight, my money is on Carr, incidentally. in all seriousness, ESPN has turned itself into Fox News/MSNBC/CNN of sports, with an endless run of blabbering talking heads who say outrageous crap to get attention. For the life of me, I can’t understand why anyone cares what any of them say.

Many people have been saying the same thing the last few years. ESPN has turned political which has turned a lot of people off. The only thing I watch ESPN for are the games themselves. Watching their blabbing talk shows is boring as hell. Most of their guys are idiots. 

However, the thing I really hate about ESPN is their control over college sports. They dictate game times and have influenced most of the conference jumping that has occurred over the last 5-10 years. 

3 hours ago, NVGiant said:

For the life of me, I can’t understand why anyone cares what any of them say.

Especially a professional athlete.

Derrick Carr shouldn’t even dignify these morons by acknowledging their existence. These dufuses crave this kind of shit.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

18 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Stephen A is the biggest ass hat on TV. His voice alone makes me want to punch him. 

He smites his chest, what's that for? Methinks it rings most vast, but hollow.

A red sky at night is a sailor's delight. 

13 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Many people have been saying the same thing the last few years. ESPN has turned political which has turned a lot of people off. The only thing I watch ESPN for are the games themselves. Watching their blabbing talk shows is boring as hell. Most of their guys are idiots. 

However, the thing I really hate about ESPN is their control over college sports. They dictate game times and have influenced most of the conference jumping that has occurred over the last 5-10 years. 

It's gotten them to change the channel to Fox Sports which is actually a lot more interesting imo. I used to hate Skip Bayless until he switched over to Fox Sports and started his new show with Shannon Sharpe. At least Shannon played the damn game so he knows what he's talking about. I also like that they sit down and actually talk sports rather than yell at each other like what is going on over at ESPN with First Take. I laugh at the hypocrisy of Stephen A when he would throw out the race card during every argument especially when it came to head coach hirings. I always said that as long as Marvin Lewis was the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals race was never an issue in the NFL since Lewis held his tenure in Cinci for 15 years and never won a damn playoff game. 99% of head coaches (black or white) would have been fired after 3 years if it were any other team....except for maybe the Dallas Cowboys.    

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

22 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Especially a professional athlete.

Derrick Carr shouldn’t even dignify these morons by acknowledging their existence. These dufuses crave this kind of shit.

I get this but they're oftentimes asked to respond.  I get your point, just say I don't have a response.

The World Needs More Cowboys!