Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CPslograd

Return trip to Japan

I'm with my boy visiting my brother in Kobe this week.  I came here 20 years ago with my now wife. 

Great trip, still an amazing place.  Couple things I've noticed right away.  It's not appallingly expensive anymore, and the people aren't short like they were last time.  Older people can be, but Gen x and younger are similar in height to the States. 

My brother is a bachelor and doesn't have kids.  My son is a clumsy 12 year old taller than my nearly 50 years old average height brother.  So my boy is a bull in a China shop and my brother is an overly sensitive curmudgeon.  I'm the referee.  Siblings with no kids can be a challenge., especially when traveling.  They don't understand childrens palates, nor their inability to stand still.  So that's been tough.  But all in all we have had a good time. 

God bless Japan and their beer in vending machines.  I'm in a hotel in Hiroshima and was ready for a cold one, but didn't have one and wasn't going to ditch my boy in the room.  Walked down the hall, saw a vending machine with kirin for 180 yen.  Which is like a buck and a half.  

Problem solved.  Love this country