Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_SD_Dude

Problems at Covington High

20 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

WTF.....look at the blk-face complete w/the white-paint accents.  You got to be kidding.

I can't find the link, but I saw an interview of Clark Co's #23 yesterday.  He was taunted at that came with the chant "CARAMEL!!!"  He said "I knew it was for me.  I was the only black player on the court.:" <paraphrased>

Trust me when I tell you that there are so many more important issues, deserving of you time and energy. :) 

The World Needs More Cowboys!

9 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

TRUE...& others of us are Racist Apologists.

I get it. If we don't get outraged and try to doxx teenagers, hunt through yearbooks, read all about the school and dig into kid's social media, etc., we're racist apologists. 

Got it. 

18 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

SDSU sometimes has "blackouts." SDSU also has "whiteouts." And SDSU also has "redouts." That's because SDSU's school colors are black, white and red.

Why does a school whose colors are blue and white have a blackout? (Don't jump to conclusions, Joe, I'm just asking.)

Cause their racist?  Is that the conclusion you're jumping to?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Trust me when I tell you that there are so many more important issues, deserving of you time and energy. :) 

Those loads ain't gonna haul themselves! 

17 minutes ago, Bob said:

not blackface. just school spirit. And the first time I learned about blackface was when I went to college. I wasn't even aware in high school that a white person wearing black face paint was egregious. This is beside the point, but they may not have even known or understood.

¿¿¿This is school spirt???

¿Did you go to Grand Dragon HS?

069C93F8-CDCD-49E9-81D2-FDA1BA28FE40.jpeg

What is a doxx?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

20 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

SDSU sometimes has "blackouts." SDSU also has "whiteouts." And SDSU also has "redouts." That's because SDSU's school colors are black, white and red.

Why does a school whose colors are blue and white have a blackout? (Don't jump to conclusions, Joe, I'm just asking.)

They also have these...

sd-sp-sdsu-basketball-byu-cougars-3-thou

Intolerant bigots....  :P

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

They also have these...

sd-sp-sdsu-basketball-byu-cougars-3-thou

Intolerant bigots....  :P

You're barking up the wrong tree with me. I doubt any non-Mormon has defended your religion here more than I have and as such, had I been at SDSU during the days of the Show, you wouldn't have seen me participating in that. Also, IIRC, it became an issue with the administration but I can't recall what was decided. Were any students so attired when you guys came to Viejas this year?

Boom goes the dynamite.

25 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Holy +++++ you are stupid. 

Clearly you aren't familiar with the idea of Kentucky Colonels. 

https://www.kycolonels.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Colonel

But yeah. racism. Lynch the kids! 

Clearly you aren't familiar with Colonel John Mosby:

17 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Cause their racist?  Is that the conclusion you're jumping to?

To juxtapose for a moment, as I've said, I fully understand what the reasoning behind the three fingers thing was. It clearly had nothing to do with white power. However, what rationale would there be for a blackout by a school whose colors are white and blue? I'm simply asking. If there is one, fine. If there isn't, maybe the administration of that private school - which therefore needn't concern itself with constitutional issues - might have in allowing it because it otherwise might not - MIGHT not - be a good look for a school which is almost totally white when it's playing a school with a lot of African American kids.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, cardrater said:

The kid should have thought it out better… But I highly doubt he put paint on and said hey, “ I’m gonna look like a negro tonight!”  It looks like the white paint was put on so that people can see his eyes and mouth clearly as an intimidation tactic. For example Vemon who has large white eyes and large grin revealing white teeth. I’m just getting tired of how everyone is automatically assuming the worst. Pretty soon the media will be looking for this kid demanding an explanation or he will come forward and have to explain himself  during a spirit game.

american-singer-and-actor-al-jolson-in-b

6 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Clearly you aren't familiar with Colonel John Mosby:

He was a military leader who went on to become Consul to Hong Kong. 

Hunter S. Thompson was a Colonel. 

George Harrison was a Colonel. 

Tiger Woods is a Colonel

Obama is a Colonel

Again, you show you have no idea what you are talking about. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

He was a military leader who went on to become Consul to Hong Kong. 

Hunter S. Thompson was a Colonel. 

George Harrison was a Colonel. 

Tiger Woods is a Colonel

Obama is a Colonel

Again, you show you have no idea what you are talking about. 

5E3EE569-87EB-45CE-A047-9E77E626551D.jpeg

6 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

To juxtapose for a moment, as I've said, I fully understand what the reasoning behind the three fingers thing was. It clearly had nothing to do with white power. However, what rationale would there be for a blackout by a school whose colors are white and blue? I'm simply asking. 

Because blackouts look cool and it is a good promotion.  And there are many cases of precedence.  UNC did two in the two years I was there for example.  I have seen UW do it, Oregon does it, Ohio State and Virginia Tech too.

I get us Aztec fans hate color-coordinating.  AztecMesa always has at least 10 posters who go against it when a ____out is announced.

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Because blackouts look cool and it is a good promotion.  And there are many cases of precedence.  UNC did two in the two years I was there for example.  I have seen UW do it, Oregon does it, Ohio State and Virginia Tech too.

I get us Aztec fans hate color-coordinating.  AztecMesa always has at least 10 posters who go against it when a ____out is announced.

I pointed out to him that UF has done the same thing multiple times since I've been here across multiple sports but he ignored me. Mostly basketball though Mullen has said he wants a blackout football game in the future

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Florida-Gators-Football-Dan-Mullen-says-UF-will-have-a-blackout-game-at-some-point-118693557/

And I was at this one, against Tennessee in 2017 in basketball

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=400910643

There is no black in UF's colors. Miami has done it. UCLA has done it. USC has done it. etc. etc. 

It's a marketing gimmick, nothing more, nothing less. 

Guest #1Stunner
46 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

DC Taunting 

MAGA Hats

Confederate Colonel Mascot

Black Face @ Hoops Game

How much more do you want???

¡¡¡ Racist Apologist !!!

"Confederate Colonel"?

What on Earth are you talking about?  Get a clue.

52 minutes ago, Bob said:

not blackface. just school spirit. And the first time I learned about blackface was when I went to college. I wasn't even aware in high school that a white person wearing black face paint was egregious. This is beside the point, but they may not have even known or understood.

I'm embarrassed to say that I just learned this TODAY!