Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_SD_Dude

Problems at Covington High

Obviously there has been a lot of controversy and blame thrown around about the MAGA boys controversy. The media has taken the lion's share of the heat although it has presented a window to deeper problems.

Be all that as it may, there are problems at that high school. I saw this photo taken at a Covington H.S. basketball game the other day. I waited until it had been fact-checked before I posted. There are videos in the fact check.

covington-crazies.jpg

Here is the fact check: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covington-catholic-black-paint/

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

28 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Obviously there has been a lot of controversy and blame thrown around about the MAGA boys controversy. The media has taken the lion's share of the heat although it has presented a window to deeper problems.

Be all that as it may, there are problems at that high school. I saw this photo taken at a Covington H.S. basketball game the other day. I waited until it had been fact-checked before I posted. There are videos in the fact check.

covington-crazies.jpg

Here is the fact check: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covington-catholic-black-paint/

I believe this photo is from 2012. 

When I first saw this photo my initial reaction was it’s just a blackout game and they painted their body’s black for it (they did the same thing for a whiteout game in 2015).  But...then I noticed the white around the eyes and lips of the kid on the right side of the picture and it clearly is “black face”. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, cardrater said:

This shouldn’t be an issue. It’s a black out for a basketball game. 

I disagree.  Yes it’s a blackout game and if the kid didn’t have white paint around his eyes and lips this would be a non-issue. But he does and then it becomes “blackface”

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I disagree.  Yes it’s a blackout game and if the kid didn’t have white paint around his eyes and lips this would be a non-issue. But he does and then it becomes “blackface”

The kid should have thought it out better… But I highly doubt he put paint on and said hey, “ I’m gonna look like a negro tonight!”  It looks like the white paint was put on so that people can see his eyes and mouth clearly as an intimidation tactic. For example Vemon who has large white eyes and large grin revealing white teeth. I’m just getting tired of how everyone is automatically assuming the worst. Pretty soon the media will be looking for this kid demanding an explanation or he will come forward and have to explain himself  during a spirit game.

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I believe this photo is from 2012. 

When I first saw this photo my initial reaction was it’s just a blackout game and they painted their body’s black for it (they did the same thing for a whiteout game in 2015).  But...then I noticed the white around the eyes and lips of the kid on the right side of the picture and it clearly is “black face”. 

I wasn't implying the photo was from a few days ago, although it as on their website until a few days ago.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 minutes ago, cardrater said:

The kid should have thought it out better… But I highly doubt he put paint on and said hey, “ I’m gonna look like a negro tonight!”  It looks like the white paint was put on so that people can see his eyes and mouth clearly as an intimidation tactic. For example Vemon who has large white eyes and large grin revealing white teeth. I’m just getting tired of how everyone is automatically assuming the worst. Pretty soon the media will be looking for this kid demanding an explanation or he will come forward and have to explain himself  during a spirit game.

I get what you’re saying and that is a reasonable explanation. But the optics of it look terrible.  It still looks like blackface.  And I doubt we find out who this kid is.  Probably better for him if we don’t. 

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

I wasn't implying the photo was from a few days ago, although it as on their website until a few days ago.

Got it. I misread your statement.  My bad. 

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I didn't phrase it well.

It happens.  

I think the kid that stared down the Indian should get the Kavanaugh treatment. They need to dig into his past and find out every detail of his life. I know I know he isn’t running for the SCOTUS, but the media will go to extraordinary lengths to prove their narrative. 

3 minutes ago, RamSack said:

It would make more sense if black was one of their school colors instead of Blue and White.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covington_Catholic_High_School

They were having a blackout game which means the fans and the team is dressed in all black. 

Who was the King of the Winter Carnival there last year? Who is +++++ing who and who is getting fat around there? 

As long as we're onto HS Gossip and happenings and all. 

1 hour ago, cardrater said:

This shouldn’t be an issue. It’s a black out for a basketball game. 

WTF.....look at the blk-face complete w/the white-paint accents.  You got to be kidding.

I can't find the link, but I saw an interview of Clark Co's #23 yesterday.  He was taunted at that came with the chant "CARAMEL!!!"  He said "I knew it was for me.  I was the only black player on the court.:" <paraphrased>