Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

US recognizes Venezuelan opposition leader as legitimate president

14 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Good move... Canada, Argentina, Brasil, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and Costa Rica have all recognized him as well. 

Is it a good move because others have done it or because of some other reason?  

7 minutes ago, RamSack said:

It's a good move because Maduro is a +++++ing communist. 

10 minutes ago, RamSack said:

It's a good move because it's a good move. 

I mentioned the other countries to show that we're not the only ones doing it.

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It's a good move because it's a good move. 

I mentioned the other countries to show that we're not the only ones doing it.

First, I don't have a beef with Trump's decision to recognize Venezuela's interim president.  I'm just trying to learn more about the situation.

Second, I was in Brazil about a year and a half ago and one of my hosts said something to the effect that they really had no place to comment on what was happening (politically) in the US because their government is really corrupt.  Aside from Canada, the others on the list are probably more corrupt than Brazil. 

1 hour ago, RamSack said:

First, I don't have a beef with Trump's decision to recognize Venezuela's interim president.  I'm just trying to learn more about the situation.

Second, I was in Brazil about a year and a half ago and one of my hosts said something to the effect that they really had no place to comment on what was happening (politically) in the US because their government is really corrupt.  Aside from Canada, the others on the list are probably more corrupt than Brazil. 

I didn't mean to insinuate that you had a beef with it. I was just saying that I think it's a good move because it's a good move. 

Interesting that Mexico is supporting Maduro.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Maduro has given US diplomats 72 hours to leave Venezuela.  I hope they stay.  I don’t think Maduro wants to risk a war with the United States by arresting our diplomats.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

:lol:

for those who don’t speak Spanish it says “Would you really support the United States invading us” 

5 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Venezuelan Spring! (Sarcasm)

It’s the beginning of the Latin Spring! :hmmm:

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

:lol:

for those who don’t speak Spanish it says “Would you really support the United States invading us” 

I'm sure a little birdy gave him the idea.

This could be interesting.  Maduro gave U.S. diplomats 72 hours to get out of Venezuela and the U.S. government says it will not comply.  What if Maduro has the U.S diplomats arrested?  Will it be like when Iran took our diplomats into custody in 1979? 

Since the current U.S. administration has exhibited a less than favorable opinion of our diplomats, one alternative will be to let the U.S. diplomats rot in a Venezuelan jail.  On the other hand, this could create an opening for Trump to deflect attention from Trump's shutdown of the federal government.  It is possible Trump may take this opportunity to wag the dog.

On the other hand, Russia has told the United States to keep out of Venezuela so the big dog has told the little dog to back off. I would expect the little dog to back off. 

10 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

This could be interesting.  Maduro gave U.S. diplomats 72 hours to get out of Venezuela and the U.S. government says it will not comply.  What if Maduro has the U.S diplomats arrested?  Will it be like when Iran took our diplomats into custody in 1979? 

Since the current U.S. administration has exhibited a less than favorable opinion of our diplomats, one alternative will be to let the U.S. diplomats rot in a Venezuelan jail.  On the other hand, this could create an opening for Trump to deflect attention from Trump's shutdown of the federal government.  It is possible Trump may take this opportunity to wag the dog.

On the other hand, Russia has told the United States to keep out of Venezuela so the big dog has told the little dog to back off. I would expect the little dog to back off. 

I don’t think we will do what Russia wants. The Monroe Doctrine is still in effect so Russia’s opinion can get shoved up their ass. I also don’t think Trump will want to be seen as “taking orders” from Putin here so I don’t expect him to back down. 

It is possible this could be a wag the dog moment for him and I could see him using it as an excuse to launch a military strike against the communist despot. 

On 1/23/2019 at 11:55 AM, RamSack said:

It's a good move because millions of Venezolanos are starving.

it's a safer move because other have done it.  Other notable countries still recognizing Maduro:  Russia, China & Turkey

=========================================

Good on ya Mr President.

¡¡¡ VIVA los VINOTINTOS...VIVA mí PANAS !!!

20 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

In what world is Russia the "big dog" to the US's "little dog"?

JFC.